domaincoin.net has great customer service

https://www.namecoin.org/dot-bit/
checlae

domaincoin.net has great customer service

Post by checlae »

I just wanted to share my great experience with domaincoin.net. I recently had a customer service inquiry with them. I won't get into the details, but I am very happy with them.

I would recommend them to anyone looking to buy .bit domains with BTC.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I'm just a customer.

eclipse

Re: domaincoin.net has great customer service

Post by eclipse »

In the namecoin source it says that renewing your domain does not cost anything, but this service (domaincoin.net) charges 0.02 BTC per year.
Am I misunderstanding something?

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

The standard warnings apply: using a 3rd party to register your .bit domain instead of using namecoind or Namecoin-Qt is risky, as they have the ability to steal the domain, and they typically charge a huge markup. Save yourself some money and some potential issues and just download Namecoin-Qt + buy some NMC on an exchange.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

sander

Post by sander »

checlae; Thanks for sharing your experience, glad you like our service!

eclipse; We provide additional services, our renewal price can't be compared to the renewal price for namecoin registrations. At DomainCoin.net we will take care of the registration, renewal, backups, nameservers, HTTP-redirects, infrastructure and so on. This is also the reason why renewals aren't free, it still costs money to keep everything running and online. Hope this answers your question, remember: you don't have to use our services if you are fine by taking care of it by yourself :).

biolizard89; You are totally right, can't argue with that. But to put it in perspective, just like you have to trust online wallets, exchanges and other services.

indolering

Post by indolering »

They are providing a valuable service, I've had 2 interactions with them in the past (ordering domains for friends) and they were very responsive. Their interface is great too.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.