Namecoin-Qt 3.72 - Chinese Translation Added

phelix

Re: Namecoin-Qt BETA with Namespace Registration 3.67

Post by phelix »

moa wrote:That's not the right way to do it ... you windows guys are terrible with your paths because the compiler "just takes care of it" but it leaves behind a big incomprehensible mess. There should be no need to put any dir into includes or headers. If you want to have a windows only code keep going in that direction ...

See the bitcoin-qt source for a way to do cross platform. NB: this is one reason why namecoin-qt is getting further away from rebasing on namecoind.
Of course that was only a quick and dirty fix. I really have no emotions about this and I did not add or remove any paths or includepaths - I just noticed the latest addition of that line broke my build. I did never see a version of Namecoin-Qt that had this line before.

Unfortunately I could not yet figure out the problem. Bitcoin-Qt builds just fine with that line included so the problem probably is somewhere further down.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

omyno

Post by omyno »

Thanks for your thoughts on this, phelix.
omyno wrote:
  • For me, the default width of the window leads to a hidden "Manage Names" button. Do you think the default width could be increased or can this be solved in some other way?
Do you use a non default font size possibly? This is not the case for most other people...
I realized that using a localized version of Namecoin-Qt is the reason for this bug.
[*]The UI should not use terms like "name_new", "name_firstupdate" at all.
Without that you will never be able to understand what is happening. With the automatic postponed name_firstupdate the GUI is going pretty far already.
The only downside of not using this terminology is that the user will not know what happens internal. But does he want to know all the cryptic commands? I don't think so. The Bitcoin client also does not use the terminology of raw commands anywhere in the GUI.
The only occurences of commands are
  • the tooltip for "Submit" button:

Code: Select all

Confirm the new name action. Sends name_new transaction to the network and creates a pending name_firstupdate transaction.
    A user will have no idea what exactly this means. This could be changed into a simple sentence like "Checks if the name is available and pre-registers it"
  • The text in the bottom in "Configure Name ...": "Name_update transaction will be issued immediately"
[/list]
[*]The column "Expires in" should contain an estimated date/time.
That would be nice but might give a wrong feeling of safety in case of drastic hash rate increases... maybe a very conservative date would be ok, like: "some time after ..."
Sounds good to me. Currently, the user might not even know what the value means.

phelix

Post by phelix »

phelix wrote:
moa wrote:That's not the right way to do it ... you windows guys are terrible with your paths because the compiler "just takes care of it" but it leaves behind a big incomprehensible mess. There should be no need to put any dir into includes or headers. If you want to have a windows only code keep going in that direction ...

See the bitcoin-qt source for a way to do cross platform. NB: this is one reason why namecoin-qt is getting further away from rebasing on namecoind.
Of course that was only a quick and dirty fix. I really have no emotions about this and I did not add or remove any paths or includepaths - I just noticed the latest addition of that line broke my build. I did never see a version of Namecoin-Qt that had this line before.

Unfortunately I could not yet figure out the problem. Bitcoin-Qt builds just fine with that line included so the problem probably is somewhere further down.
Thecoder found the problem. I have an opinion on global include paths now: it's bad practice. Just like global variables. See https://github.com/phelixnmc/namecoin-q ... nt-4007654

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

domob wrote:
snailbrain wrote:
domob wrote:Works for me as advertised! Thanks also for adding the name_update operations in listtransactions. However, I think it would be great if more details were shown. Currently a name_firstupdate just looks like sending 0 NMC to some address ... what about adding some information as name_new shows? For instance, add the text "name_update: d/my-name" in the address field or so?
We think listtransactions shouldn't show names, since it's not a name operation (i.e. it must be compatible with Bitcoin). also maybe cause problem with people switching between official and namecoind (from qt)?

but can discuss if everyone thinks otherwise.. and add on todo for future update.
I think to remember that the official namecoind did display the names ... that's why I "miss" that, although I agree that that's not actually an "address" and it would maybe be better to just add a new field for name operations to the returned JSON object. What do you think about that? This could be done also for name_new, to be consistent.
Fixed this...

also some tidy ups.. includes phelix easywinbuilder (tested myself and works)
https://github.com/namecoin-qt/namecoin-qt

domob

Post by domob »

snailbrain wrote:Fixed this...

also some tidy ups.. includes phelix easywinbuilder (tested myself and works)
https://github.com/namecoin-qt/namecoin-qt
Thanks, works for me perfectly!
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

phelix

Post by phelix »

@snailbrain:
Could you rerun 5b_run_hash_qt.bat and post the output? For the release I would like to have a windows binary that has been validated by at least two people.

I got:

23e08d2010f7c6eb70d48924f5b6bcc35043704c4c5f82648d338a8753c6c899
Updated the git, not sure if it is practicable to keep that up to date, though.

snailbrain

Re: Namecoin-Qt BETA with Namespace Registration 3.69

Post by snailbrain »

sorted..

but.. i get a different hash :d

Hash of Qt binary [experimental]...
File hash sha256:
79c632a028944809afe022c605a05c3efd89dc8e8c8eb19d47973f40aebe3ec9 *../../release/
namecoin-qt.exe

Hash sha256 of disassembly [may take a while]:
00016fa1b384d7bff9146b43dd737009a929a975b49c208854227795366dcf97  -

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

i did from namecoin-qt repo

phelix

Post by phelix »

snailbrain wrote:i did from namecoin-qt repo
Darn, me too. Will try again and on another machine on Sunday.

phelix

Post by phelix »

Got this namecoin-qt.exe v3.70 disassembly hash on two different machines (win8/64, winXP/32):

9d358b850ea9f9e0ce464de2b7465d46f1247a42e16bf29d31cc7df2d89532c4

So at least can work.

If you can get it to build with easywinbuilder I will verify the binary, dlls and archive to be built from untampered Github files.