Bitparking Namecoin Pool

Kroutonz

Bitparking Namecoin Pool

Post by Kroutonz »

Hello, I've got a question about bitparkings website.

On it you can check your address balance/withdraw, upon withdraw do I need to get a new address and set the miners to that, or can I keep using the same address?
I read on another site that every 48 hours you need to withdraw to that address or it resets and your balance is lost? Sounds stupid, but I just want to be sure.

"I see that the remote Namecoin address at http://exchange.bitparking.com/ will only accept deposits for 48 hours from the time of creation so what happens if you leave your miner running for 3 days on that one original address you created? Will you just lose all your work since you can't withdraw after 48 hours?" what someone said on another site.

OddOne

Re: Bitparking Namecoin Pool

Post by OddOne »

When you try to deposit NMCs into the exchange it generates an address just for you to use to send the NMCs (via "netcoind sendtoaddress") so that their end knows what coins go with what account, and it is this address that has a 48-hour window before it expires. Has nothing to do with your end, it's strictly theirs. If you mine for a few days after requesting a deposit address, just request another one.

Kroutonz

Re: Bitparking Namecoin Pool

Post by Kroutonz »

Thank you, I figured as much.