Whois service for .bit

https://www.namecoin.org/dot-bit/
virus_net

Re: Whois service for .bit

Post by virus_net »

Now we own bitname.bit domain too. I want to say thanks to BM-2cXeN1HuY8h7nYAkPj1mny4Ki4wywPorwM for the transfer of this domain.

So now whois service is availiable on name whois.bitname.bit
bitname.ru:
- whois service for .bit: whois.bitname.ru or whois.bitname.bit
- dns servers for .bit: dns1.bitname.ru dns2.bitname.ru or dns1.bitname.bit dns2.bitname.bit
- bit domains statistics
github

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

virus_net wrote:biolizard89: Is it OK now ? Need something else?
Looks good to me. I'll look into getting a link added to namecoin.org. Might take a little while due to other things that keep grabbing my attention. Thanks for your work on this! :)
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

virus_net wrote:Now we own bitname.bit domain too. I want to say thanks to BM-2cXeN1HuY8h7nYAkPj1mny4Ki4wywPorwM for the transfer of this domain.

So now whois service is availiable on name whois.bitname.bit
Awesome, great to hear you were able to get that name. If I may ask (and feel free to decline to answer), did BM-2cXeN1HuY8h7nYAkPj1mny4Ki4wywPorwM sell you that name, or did they donate it to you after you said what you wanted to use it for? (I'm curious what people's experiences have been when interacting with people who hold names, particularly given the common media narrative that "all the good names are squatted, so Namecoin is useless", which I suspect isn't a particularly accurate media narrative -- much like most other media narratives.)

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

virus_net

Post by virus_net »

He/she did it for free.
We told that we own similar name in RU TLD and we already provide whois and DNS for .bit he/she told that we need to prove that .ru domain really belong to us.
After we made it by placing this screen he/she did the transfer and say thanks that we promote .bit to the people.
Thats all story :)
Attachments
screen
screen
bitname.bit.png (81.13 KiB) Viewed 22614 times
bitname.ru:
- whois service for .bit: whois.bitname.ru or whois.bitname.bit
- dns servers for .bit: dns1.bitname.ru dns2.bitname.ru or dns1.bitname.bit dns2.bitname.bit
- bit domains statistics
github

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

virus_net wrote:He/she did it for free.
We told that we own similar name in RU TLD and we already provide whois and DNS for .bit he/she told that we need to prove that .ru domain really belong to us.
After we made it by placing this screen he/she did the transfer and say thanks that we promote .bit to the people.
Thats all story :)
Awesome, that's great to hear. Hopefully examples like this will be effective at countering the inaccurate media narrative that Namecoin is made useless by squatting.