NMC transaction not confirmed

Nemo

NMC transaction not confirmed

Post by Nemo »

Hi all!

I am new here, so bear with me please :) .

6 days ago, I made a transfer from one (reputable) exchange to another, but the transaction still shows 0 confirmations.

Here is the TXID:

6601c61027c3d079377fcc63709c7fd75228251f08ddf3dd6533911d9025ad6c

I see that the coins were sent with 0 fee. Could it be the cause of the problem?

And how long could it take to show at least a first confirmation?

Thank you for your help!

cassini

Re: NMC transaction not confirmed

Post by cassini »

It seems the Namecoin client of the sending exchange has technical problems. The most likely reason is that they still use an old Namecoin software version. A few days ago the Namecoin network accepted BIP65. This means that old Namecoin clients cannot reliably create valid transactions anymore.

I recommend you get in touch with the exchange you initiated the transaction from, and ask them what Namecoin client version they run. If it is something like 0.3.xx then they should upgrade to Namecoin Core a.s.a.p.
Nemo wrote:I see that the coins were sent with 0 fee. Could it be the cause of the problem?
No, this is no problem. Some mining pools do reject zero-fee transactions but most pools still accept those. I just checked and sent me a few NMCs via a zero-fee transaction. It got confirmed after a few minutes by the BTCC mining pool.
Nemo wrote:And how long could it take to show at least a first confirmation?
It usually takes 5 to 60 minutes. In worst case (very rare) it is two or three hours.

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thank you very much, Cassini; your answer is such a relief :) .

I would like to know something before getting in touch with the exchange (well, it is Btc-e, to name it):

Could the transaction be canceled and the coins recovered? As I have read on another thread that transactions made with the older version will be stuck forever.

Cheers!

cassini

Post by cassini »

Meanwhile I've been looking closer into an issue with name operations that looked completely different to your problem. However, there is a good chance we have found a bug that may affect both name operations as well as NMC transactions. If this is the case, then there is some good news:
Nemo wrote:Could the transaction be canceled and the coins recovered?
Yes, ask the btc-e admins they should do an "abandontransaction" on your tx, and then send the amount again. The abandontransaction command should look like this:

Code: Select all

./namecoind abandontransaction 6601c61027c3d079377fcc63709c7fd75228251f08ddf3dd6533911d9025ad6c
Nemo wrote:As I have read on another thread that transactions made with the older version will be stuck forever.
This is a completely different effect. This is the result of the recent activation of BIP0065 in the Namecoin network. Older clients are now experiencing a 50% risk a transaction gets stuck forever, and they have to upgrade to Namecoin Core. (Even in this situation those users can do an "abandontransaction", formerly known as "deletetransaction".)

Pif01010

Post by Pif01010 »

but when I did that My coins got stuck in no where zone they didn't return to my old wallet or my new one