Donations/Fees to get on Exchange List

indolering

Re: Donations/Fees to get on Exchange List

Post by indolering »

The easiest way to do that would be to add the font-awesome font and use their heart emoticon. Maybe when I get to it in the summer.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

phelix

Post by phelix »

coinnext has closed. I guess we should remove it from the exchanges page...
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

indolering

Post by indolering »

phelix wrote:coinnext has closed. I guess we should remove it from the exchanges page...
That's too bad : (
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

johnc

Post by johnc »

We should remove Vircurex, the owner deleted the exchange thread on bitcointalk...

Cex.io stopped supporting NMC also.

Kraken is threatening to remove it to lack of volume. We are going to need to get some marketing as soon as the hard fork is scheduled. Need more volume.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

johnc wrote:Kraken is threatening to remove it to lack of volume. We are going to need to get some marketing as soon as the hard fork is scheduled. Need more volume.
FWIW, I'm unsurprised that Kraken had low volume for BTC/NMC. Everyone I've encountered is using ShapeShift for that.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

phelix

Post by phelix »

biolizard89 wrote:
johnc wrote:Kraken is threatening to remove it to lack of volume. We are going to need to get some marketing as soon as the hard fork is scheduled. Need more volume.
FWIW, I'm unsurprised that Kraken had low volume for BTC/NMC. Everyone I've encountered is using ShapeShift for that.
btw, I could not find NMC on shapeshift last time I checked and not today, either....

Maybe we should (have) put them up on the exchanges page.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:
btw, I could not find NMC on shapeshift last time I checked and not today, either....

Maybe we should (have) put them up on the exchanges page.
I'm unaware of Namecoin being intentionally removed from ShapeShift, but ShapeShift did have a security incident and disabled most of their currencies after coming back online. They're re-enabling them one-by-one as they gain confidence that everything is secure on their end. I'm guessing that Namecoin isn't incredibly high on their list of things to re-activate.

I'm actually not sure which exchanges people are/were using while ShapeShift was down. Possibly Bitsquare, or maybe BTC-e. Or maybe people made do without an exchange.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

cassini

Post by cassini »

Namecoin is back at ShapeShift.
There is an "ooooo" sign beneath "Liquidity", though. What does this mean?

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

cassini wrote:Namecoin is back at ShapeShift.
There is an "ooooo" sign beneath "Liquidity", though. What does this mean?
I have no idea what it would mean, nor did I notice it (I haven't visited ShapeShift since they restored Namecoin service). Is it still there? Can anyone report whether Namecoin transactions are working at ShapeShift?