Google Summer of Code 2015

biolizard89
Posts: 2001
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:25 am
os: linux

Re: Google Summer of Code 2015

Post by biolizard89 »

domob wrote:Unfortunately, we were again rejected:
Thank you for submitting Namecoin's application to Google Summer of Code 2015. Unfortunately, we were unable to accept your organization's application at this time. Every year we receive many more applications than we are able to accommodate, and we would encourage you to reapply for future instances of the program.

If you would like some general feedback on why your organization was not accepted, please consider attending the IRC meeting in #gsoc on Freenode on Friday, 6 March, 2015 at 16:00 UTC. Please note that the feedback meeting will be limited to the first 50 organizations to queue up (queuing in the channel will begin at 15:30 UTC). You are also more than welcome to just email the OSPO team at ospoteam@gmail.com directly for email feedback about your application as well.
Anyone motivated to be there in IRC?
I have a class during that IRC meeting, so I will be unable to attend. Daniel, should I assume that you're unable to attend?
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

domob
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Google Summer of Code 2015

Post by domob »

biolizard89 wrote:I have a class during that IRC meeting, so I will be unable to attend. Daniel, should I assume that you're unable to attend?
Yes, unfortunately I'm travelling most weekends currently. (Including the Friday time.)
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

biolizard89
Posts: 2001
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:25 am
os: linux

Re: Google Summer of Code 2015

Post by biolizard89 »

domob wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:I have a class during that IRC meeting, so I will be unable to attend. Daniel, should I assume that you're unable to attend?
Yes, unfortunately I'm travelling most weekends currently. (Including the Friday time.)
I think if you just receive the feedback via email that would be sufficient.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

biolizard89
Posts: 2001
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:25 am
os: linux

Re: Google Summer of Code 2015

Post by biolizard89 »

biolizard89 wrote:
domob wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:I have a class during that IRC meeting, so I will be unable to attend. Daniel, should I assume that you're unable to attend?
Yes, unfortunately I'm travelling most weekends currently. (Including the Friday time.)
I think if you just receive the feedback via email that would be sufficient.
Daniel, any chance you could email them to get the feedback?

Cheers,
-Jeremy
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

domob
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Google Summer of Code 2015

Post by domob »

biolizard89 wrote:Daniel, any chance you could email them to get the feedback?
Done - I'll forward any feedback I receive here.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

domob
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Google Summer of Code 2015

Post by domob »

Here's the feedback - basically like last year:
We really liked your ideas page and application this year, I thought it was well done. However, we really just had a lot of hard decisions we had to make this year, we rejected a lot of very worthy orgs. I would encourage you to try again in a future year, and good luck with everything!
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

biolizard89
Posts: 2001
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:25 am
os: linux

Re: Google Summer of Code 2015

Post by biolizard89 »

domob wrote:Here's the feedback - basically like last year:
We really liked your ideas page and application this year, I thought it was well done. However, we really just had a lot of hard decisions we had to make this year, we rejected a lot of very worthy orgs. I would encourage you to try again in a future year, and good luck with everything!
Thanks Daniel. I guess we'll hope for better luck next year.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

Post Reply