HolyTransaction Bets Big on Universal Cryptocurrency Wallet

traister

HolyTransaction Bets Big on Universal Cryptocurrency Wallet

Post by traister »

http://www.coindesk.com/holytransaction ... cy-wallet/
Wallets help a coin thrive

According to Coinmarketcap, there are currently 37 cyrptocurrencies that have a market capitalization of more than $1m. To make decisions on what coins to include in its wallet, Holy Transactions relies on feedback from its userbase. The startup also monitors a site called CoinGecko, which measures market cap, social media shares, developer repository activity and other metrics to give coins a ranking score.

HolyTransaction thinks servicing top altcoins is important because many of them do not have sufficient wallet alternatives outside of a main client. Zamovskiy said:

“We are talking constantly with people in the community, and there are not enough wallet options.”

A lack of wallets can hurt an otherwise worthwhile coin, according to Zamovskiy. He pointed to namecoin and NXT in particular as alternative cryptocurrencies that struggle because of a lack of wallet choices. “NXT, for example, only has a client wallet. There’s no hosted wallet,” said Zamovskiy
I agree completely. I hope they include NMC since they are looking at coin with the top market caps and help build on the NMC wallet and protocol!

biolizard89

Re: HolyTransaction Bets Big on Universal Cryptocurrency Wal

Post by biolizard89 »

traister wrote:http://www.coindesk.com/holytransaction ... cy-wallet/
Wallets help a coin thrive

According to Coinmarketcap, there are currently 37 cyrptocurrencies that have a market capitalization of more than $1m. To make decisions on what coins to include in its wallet, Holy Transactions relies on feedback from its userbase. The startup also monitors a site called CoinGecko, which measures market cap, social media shares, developer repository activity and other metrics to give coins a ranking score.

HolyTransaction thinks servicing top altcoins is important because many of them do not have sufficient wallet alternatives outside of a main client. Zamovskiy said:

“We are talking constantly with people in the community, and there are not enough wallet options.”

A lack of wallets can hurt an otherwise worthwhile coin, according to Zamovskiy. He pointed to namecoin and NXT in particular as alternative cryptocurrencies that struggle because of a lack of wallet choices. “NXT, for example, only has a client wallet. There’s no hosted wallet,” said Zamovskiy
I agree completely. I hope they include NMC since they are looking at coin with the top market caps and help build on the NMC wallet and protocol!
I would definitely like to see Armory ported to Namecoin. Cold storage is potentially more important for names than for currency because names are nonfungible and therefore irreplacable if stolen. A UTXO-based wallet would be great too, although that's already being worked on.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

biolizard89 wrote: I would definitely like to see Armory ported to Namecoin. Cold storage is potentially more important for names than for currency because names are nonfungible and therefore irreplacable if stolen. A UTXO-based wallet would be great too, although that's already being worked on.
You mean a cold wallet with offline currency transactions and name operations(ported and extended armory) ?
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

virtual_master wrote:
biolizard89 wrote: I would definitely like to see Armory ported to Namecoin. Cold storage is potentially more important for names than for currency because names are nonfungible and therefore irreplacable if stolen. A UTXO-based wallet would be great too, although that's already being worked on.
You mean a cold wallet with offline currency transactions and name operations(ported and extended armory) ?
Yes, basically I'd like to keep names in cold storage in an Armory wallet, so that if my hot wallet is compromised, no one can steal or alter my names. I think this should be the default behavior for d/ and id/ names, with disposable names (e.g. dd/ names) being used for hot wallet updates.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5