UnOfficial - Namecoin QT 3.75 Mac Wallet - Lion+ UNTESTED

snailbrain

UnOfficial - Namecoin QT 3.75 Mac Wallet - Lion+ UNTESTED

Post by snailbrain »

<< WARNING >> -- This is untested by me >> And has not been vetted by Namecoin Devs. Use at your own risk.

UNOFFICIAL

Compiled by Maxpower - Namecoin-qt-3.75

I trust maxpower myself ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?actio ... e;u=110572 )(i've been speaking to him for a year, and he's compiled the previous versions since creation of namecoin-qt), but I understand others may not.
If you do not wish to use, then don't.

make sure everything is backed up (assuming you have anything to backup).

afaik, this should work on Lion+

I downloaded the link direct from maxpower's dropbox, and uploaded myself to mega>>

https://mega.co.nz/#!hVkFyZ4R!_9blomx-v ... 6VhqcDtzfI

Please report here how it goes

AGAIN > USE AT YOUR OWN RISK .. this is not a vetted compile.

If you are attemping to compile namecoin yourself on mac, i'm sure Maxpower will help you where he can.

Huntercoin development fund donated for this compile.

phelix

Re: UnOfficial - Namecoin QT 3.75 Mac Wallet - Lion+ UNTESTE

Post by phelix »

+1
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

cassini

Post by cassini »

Looks very good. My first test results:

1.) Minor issue: maxpower's infamous debug message at start-up
"Set a breakpoint on CTFontLogSuboptimalRequest to debug."

2.) Synch problems when reusing an existing 0.3.5x directory (maybe the same error some Windows users reported).
It reads the blockchain data without any errors. Afterwards 8 connections are established successfully but then it doesn't want to get new block data from peers.

3.) No errors when reusing existing 0.3.73 files "blkindex.dat" and "blk0001.dat".
Establishes 8 connections and synchronizes correctly.
Tested getinfo, name_history, validateaddress.

4.) Minor issue: several error messages "boost::lock_error" on exit. According to domob this is a well known bug Huntercoin users reported frequently.

Next I'm going to open an existing wallet.dat and try name and payment operations.

kurt

Post by kurt »

cassini wrote:Looks very good. My first test results:

Next I'm going to open an existing wallet.dat and try name and payment operations.
Great thanks for the update

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

cassini wrote:Looks very good. My first test results:

1.) Minor issue: maxpower's infamous debug message at start-up
"Set a breakpoint on CTFontLogSuboptimalRequest to debug."

2.) Synch problems when reusing an existing 0.3.5x directory (maybe the same error some Windows users reported).
It reads the blockchain data without any errors. Afterwards 8 connections are established successfully but then it doesn't want to get new block data from peers.

3.) No errors when reusing existing 0.3.73 files "blkindex.dat" and "blk0001.dat".
Establishes 8 connections and synchronizes correctly.
Tested getinfo, name_history, validateaddress.

4.) Minor issue: several error messages "boost::lock_error" on exit. According to domob this is a well known bug Huntercoin users reported frequently.

thanks for testing Cassini,

4.) i think i also get this with namecoin-qt on linux (if it's been running a long time (i THINK)).. if anyone can work out what the cause of all these boost spam errors on close, I will give 150 HUCs.

sudoquai

Post by sudoquai »

Is there a extra thread available about the status of the OSX Wallet (reproducable build, signed binary) here in the forum ?

If not it would be maybe a good idea to open a thread to inform and discuss the actual OSX approach.

Snailbrain and Maxpower +1 for this build :) (i am not a OSX user, but a good OSX Wallet is very important in my eyes to complete the Namecoin Wallet "ecosystem")
NameID: id/sudo.wonder >>> Namecoin @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/namecoin.org

traister

Post by traister »

sudoquai wrote:Is there a extra thread available about the status of the OSX Wallet (reproducable build, signed binary) here in the forum ?

If not it would be maybe a good idea to open a thread to inform and discuss the actual OSX approach.

Snailbrain and Maxpower +1 for this build :) (i am not a OSX user, but a good OSX Wallet is very important in my eyes to complete the Namecoin Wallet "ecosystem")

Agreeed. There should be nobody left out in the NMC community. There should even be some blackberry wallet as well for those old school mobile users!

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

sudoquai wrote:Is there a extra thread available about the status of the OSX Wallet (reproducable build, signed binary) here in the forum ?

you should be able to just build this from the official namecoin repo.. apparently you are not to use boost 1.55 on mac, but use 1.49, then should just compile with no issues. so i heard :D