maybe Namecoin's crash to $1 a good thing..

biolizard89

Re: maybe Namecoin's crash to $1 a good thing..

Post by biolizard89 »

traister wrote:
ryanc wrote:
traister wrote:To me when I hear about all you devs talk about being poor and not having any NMC that just completely does not make sense to me considering most of you have been working on this project for a couple years and are most likely early adapters and would either have alot of coins or money.
Your assumption is false. The devs currently working on Namecoin have mostly only recently (6-12 months) become involved.
Sure maybe some. I see Biolizard has been here since 2012. And the guy only has 9 NMC? If I knew about NMC in 2012 I would not have any worries now and would not be bugging people and demanding people donate. Something just does not add up here. One of the Devs must have been the guy who started NMC therefore were one of the first adopters. Im going to guess Khal? I do not doubt that 1 of the Devs are holding a shitload of NMC that they most likely mined from back in the day. And if not because they sold it well that is their problem. Now knowing all of this and taking the price of NMC over the last year into consideration... It makes me feel like you guys are completely unorganized and cannot be trusted with donations and money...
Nice try. I've been a developer since June 2013. That would be 12 months, as Ryan said. Khal did not found Namecoin; that was Vince. Vince disappeared like Satoshi; we don't know where or who he is.

I don't know why you're insisting on your conspiracy theory that we're secretly rich on NMC. Even if it were true (which it isn't), that would not obligate us to help assholes with an entitlement complex.

You're complaining because we're trying to fund a long-term development project without relying on risky wildly speculative investments? This means we cannot be trusted with money? Right....
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

traister

Post by traister »

Nice try. I've been a developer since June 2013. That would be 12 months, as Ryan said. Khal did not found Namecoin; that was Vince. Vince disappeared like Satoshi; we don't know where or who he is.

I don't know why you're insisting on your conspiracy theory that we're secretly rich on NMC. Even if it were true (which it isn't), that would not obligate us to help assholes with an entitlement complex.

You're complaining because we're trying to fund a long-term development project without relying on risky wildly speculative investments? This means we cannot be trusted with money? Right....

Nice try It says you joined the forums on june 2012. You are an absolute fool. I sincerely hope that this team has not paid you anything. Regardless from looking at the forums you have all been here for quite some time and Im assuming were all BTC and NMC miners. If you weren't that is your own stupidity. Let me know when I should stop embarrassing you....

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

traister wrote:

Nice try It says you joined the forums on june 2012. You are an absolute fool. I sincerely hope that this team has not paid you anything. Regardless from looking at the forums you have all been here for quite some time and Im assuming were all BTC and NMC miners. If you weren't that is your own stupidity. Let me know when I should stop embarrassing you....
I don't think you're even trying anymore. Joining the forums doesn't constitute being a developer. Of course I'm sure you know this already, since you can look up my post history. Apparently not dumping my life savings into wildly speculative investments makes me stupid? If you think that, you should totally invest in my new high-yield investment scheme. Let me know if you want to invest, then I'll actually start the scheme.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

traister

Post by traister »

biolizard89 wrote:
traister wrote:

I don't think you're even trying anymore. Joining the forums doesn't constitute being a developer. Of course I'm sure you know this already, since you can look up my post history. Apparently not dumping my life savings into wildly speculative investments makes me stupid? If you think that, you should totally invest in my new high-yield investment scheme. Let me know if you want to invest, then I'll actually start the scheme.

Please I never had to try. Its all in the history...

georgem

Post by georgem »

signup292 wrote:Does anyone know if Namecoin's drop to $1 and lower have any effect on the security of the network? Perhaps like it becomes so unprofitable to mine or process transactions that it becomes a network vulnerability?

Other than that, I think there are benefits,

Because it's has little effect on the functionality of its purpose

Because it's make it cheaper for those who actually want to use it

Because it gets rid of speculation

Stablizes the price to a true value

The NMC/BTC seems to be the better metric, some large investor sold out during the recent BTC jump, plenty of volume to sell NMC

I am merge mining Namecoin, and no matter how low it would fall in price... it doesn't influence me merge mining it.

It's basically free money I get besides mining bitcoin.
I also merge mine devcoins and ixcoins.
It's part of the multipool I am mining with.
The multipool doesn't even let you disable merge mining, because... why should you??? It assumes that everyone is happy getting a few dollars/cents more.

So why would anyone say: "hm, namecoin is too low, I don't want to merge mine them anymore"...
... when it's just free money without any additional effort?

That's how merge mining works.
And namecoin can be very happy that it is merge mined, because that alone will keep the coin alive possible as long as bitcoin will be alive.

signup292

Post by signup292 »

True. However there are reasons not to merge mine. It dilutes the value of the special security feature of mining to begin with for the other coins you're in favor with. And that's why I believe cex.io doesn't just adopt doge for example.

There is a market cap/difficulty level at which it would be beneficial to attack another coin.

Saying you should just merge mine any coin that ever is created is like saying you should give loans to any army that ever fights. When it would be more profitable to give loans to one army, so they can kill the other army, and steal the treasure.

Doge for example steals the idea of crypto coin charity, when bitcoin could represent this same concept.

phelix

Post by phelix »

Everybody please follow the new forum rules: https://forum.namecoin.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879
Just leave the drama for the real life and stick to the facts here. Thank you.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum