PRIORITY: MAC and ANDROID WALLETS [thread moderated]

traister

PRIORITY: MAC and ANDROID WALLETS [thread moderated]

Post by traister »

phelix: some posts of this thread were removed due to violation of the new forum moderation policy.

Alright I am done arguing with all of the development team for starters. Now I am going to go into detail on why this is the most important aspect for NMC right now and not all the stuff you guys are working on. Right now a large majority of NMC users and future users do not use windows or Linux. Without having these 2 wallets completed you are forcing these users to keep their coins on exchanges. You are now forcing some NMC users to keep their coins on a centralized exchange when the purpose is decentralization. Now my main concern is that BTC-E has the most volume for NMC by far. As the volume increases so does that risk of attack. Not saying this is going to happen but if BTC-E gets goxed. Forget everything you guys are working on. Game over for NMC. Now if you have the wallets at least if that happens it is on the USER for deciding to keep their coins on an exchange rather then being forced into it because of slow development. As CAVIRTEX stated. They are exchanges not banks... Lets get these wallets completed asap?

virtual_master

Re: PRIORITY: MAC and ANDROID WALLETS

Post by virtual_master »

Somebody posted he works on an Android wallet.

But Apple is a s... monopolist, always blocking Bitcoin wallets also and it is the last priority:
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140 ... yone.shtml
It is anyway going down with them and who is defending them it is clear on which side he is staying.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

traister wrote: The same person who is doing that is a friend Sudo Wonderer who agrees with everything I am saying.
Sure. And Alice in Wonderland probably also.
traister wrote: He is trying to get his own dev team together because he does not believe in you guys..Im sorry to say. Hes paying to get it done directly because he too smart to donate the money directly to you guys to see it go to waste. Listen the fact that I know more then the actual DEV team is a problem!
You don't need to give money to anybody. Just start developing if you know everything better. Nobody will stop you.
We have waited exactly for you. You can develop whatever you like or can.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

traister

Post by traister »

virtual_master wrote:
traister wrote: The same person who is doing that is a friend Sudo Wonderer who agrees with everything I am saying.
Sure. And Alice in Wonderland probably also.
traister wrote: He is trying to get his own dev team together because he does not believe in you guys..Im sorry to say. Hes paying to get it done directly because he too smart to donate the money directly to you guys to see it go to waste. Listen the fact that I know more then the actual DEV team is a problem!
You don't need to give money to anybody. Just start developing if you know everything better. Nobody will stop you.
We have waited exactly for you. You can develop whatever you like or can.

"You just start developing if you know everything better"

Some people are not computer techs but have a passion to get things done. You guys act like you are computer tech but it seems like you are a bunch of struggling college students. There is the problem right there. I honestly hope people come and read what im saying because I fully see what the real problems are..

traister

Post by traister »

I came here to get some answers. Instead I got exactly what I thought I would. A bunch of ego driven kids in control of a multi million dollar coin(business) who are struggling to keep it together.

signup292

Post by signup292 »

Last edited by signup292 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

phelix

Post by phelix »

signup292 wrote:
traister wrote:a large majority of NMC users and future users do not use windows or Linux
do not? use windows or linux
From data from blockchained.com I would expect potential Mac users to be about 11%. We certainly should offer an official Mac binary - from what I hear it's making progress. Also there is an unofficial one from Maxpowers, not too old.

An Android wallet I don't see so high on the priority list but if Sudoquai can pull it of it certainly would be nice.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

kurt

Post by kurt »

Android is a must have ! sure there are important things that need doing first

Could we not set some goals and vote on them ?

Just an idea

1- android wallet by 2015
2- Ios wallet by 2016
3- skin-able wallet by 2016 etc etc.
Attachments
chartoftheday_1138_Tablet_and_PC_shipment_forecast_n.jpg
chartoftheday_1138_Tablet_and_PC_shipment_forecast_n.jpg (127.11 KiB) Viewed 9098 times
Worldwide-Smart-Connected-Device-Forecast-Market-Share-by-Product-Category-2012-2017-iCharts.png
Worldwide-Smart-Connected-Device-Forecast-Market-Share-by-Product-Category-2012-2017-iCharts.png (27.55 KiB) Viewed 9100 times
Last edited by kurt on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

kurt wrote:Android is a must have !!!!
someone (frictionlesscoin?) - took 300+ nmc (i think) from donations to build one, he never did..
I suggest that those that donated post on his threads on bitcointalk to either send the coins back or give an update.

it was for currency use only.

domob

Post by domob »

snailbrain wrote:
kurt wrote:Android is a must have !!!!
someone (frictionlesscoin?) - took 300+ nmc (i think) from donations to build one, he never did..
I suggest that those that donated post on his threads on bitcointalk to either send the coins back or give an update.

it was for currency use only.
I basically agree that "Android is a must have" - but for me (I realise that this is a matter of personal preference, though) the priority is not a currency-only client but instead a client that can, at least, read the name/value database. This can then be used for a lot of stuff, like .bit browsing on Android (including .bit to .onion with Orbot), identity sign-in or messaging apps based on id/. Note that if libcoin's light-weight implementation is fully working, we should be almost there already; name_show (and recently also name_history) work on libcoin.

However, if someone would be interested in a currency-only wallet (e. g., an extension to BitcoinJ to handle the Namecoin blockchain), I most definitely welcome their efforts. In particular, because even a currency-only tool would have to deal with name transactions to validate the blockchain, so it would probablly be easy to add name/value support on top of it later. (See libcoin, which is presumably intended by Kraken also as a currency-only library, but it was easy to extend to retrieve name/value pairs.)
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/