Windows Download v0.3.75 not syncing with the network.

traister

Windows Download v0.3.75 not syncing with the network.

Post by traister »

I had the old QT wallet setup and it was working fine. I downloaded the update and installed it and I get the message in a yellow box at the top of the client saying:

WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.

Meanwhile it tells me im syncing to the network when really im not.... Stuck at 13 weeks behind and not moving! Any idea whats going on? Not the time for buggy wallets when we are already nearing the bottom with a possible breakout. Timing is everything when it comes to crypto and you guys should know this. Look what happened on OCT 15.... Imagine what the price of NMC would have been during the NOV spike if that bug was never found. Lets get on top of things guys..

biolizard89

Re: Windows Download v0.3.75 not syncing with the network.

Post by biolizard89 »

traister wrote:I had the old QT wallet setup and it was working fine. I downloaded the update and installed it and I get the message in a yellow box at the top of the client saying:

WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.

Meanwhile it tells me im syncing to the network when really im not.... Stuck at 13 weeks behind and not moving! Any idea whats going on? Not the time for buggy wallets when we are already nearing the bottom with a possible breakout. Timing is everything when it comes to crypto and you guys should know this. Look what happened on OCT 15.... Imagine what the price of NMC would have been during the NOV spike if that bug was never found. Lets get on top of things guys..
Can anyone else comment on whether this is occurring for them?
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

traister

Post by traister »

I see we have a fast and quick dev team ready to fix problems and answer questions... Not!

This is exactly the problem. It shouldnt take me 24 hours to get a question for a bugged wallet. This is now 24 hours that I am unable to use my wallet and make any transfers. You think this is the way to create new namecoin adopters? If you looked in the thread below you would see someone else had this same problem as me. Maybe I would think about donating coins...If I could actually use my wallet.

ryanc

Post by ryanc »

We are all working on Namecoin unpaid and can only devote a few hours a week at most to it. Many of us have even spent money out-of-pocket on stuff to keep the lights on. You shouldn't be expecting anyone to get back to you within 24 hours with help on problems you are having. A week is more reasonable. Longer if you berate developers and act entitled.

As to the other user apparently having this problem, posting about a new problem in an unrelated thread makes it rather difficult to find.

Also, please read http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

traister

Post by traister »

ryanc wrote:We are all working on Namecoin unpaid and can only devote a few hours a week at most to it. Many of us have even spent money out-of-pocket on stuff to keep the lights on. You shouldn't be expecting anyone to get back to you within 24 hours with help on problems you are having. A week is more reasonable. Longer if you berate developers and act entitled.

As to the other user apparently having this problem, posting about a new problem in an unrelated thread makes it rather difficult to find.

Listen im tired of the excuses. The only thing I ever hear any of the dev talks about is how they are working unpaid and this and that. If you dont have the time then dont work on it. Maybe someone else who cares will make the time... Also I did not post about a new problem. I posted about the same problem another user is having. Maybe you should check your eyes and read through full threads. This is clearly not my problem but a problem with the updated qt that was just released....

traister

Post by traister »

ryanc wrote:We are all working on Namecoin unpaid and can only devote a few hours a week at most to it. Many of us have even spent money out-of-pocket on stuff to keep the lights on. You shouldn't be expecting anyone to get back to you within 24 hours with help on problems you are having. A week is more reasonable. Longer if you berate developers and act entitled.

There is a reason Vaults of Satoshi Added NMC and then removed it from trading. They stated that they could not get the client to work. I have also had friends who have had problems with older QT wallets as well so clearly there are problems with the wallets that need to be delt with. Maybe this should be a priority. Im assuming there is a reason why VOS never re added NMC. There is also a reason why most people dont like the NMC dev team. I can see why.... Im not here to sugar coat anything. I tell it how it is.

ryanc

Post by ryanc »

The current Namecoin software is old and buggy, you'll get no argument from me on that. It is being worked on, but it is not a simple task. The people working on it now are not the originally developers - it is not our fault.

Your posts come across as rude and entitled. Please show some respect and apologize, then I will be happy to help you troubleshoot.

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

traister wrote:I had the old QT wallet setup and it was working fine. I downloaded the update and installed it and I get the message in a yellow box at the top of the client saying:

is this when syncing from scratch?
if not, did you leave it alone to do the update? (i.e. didn't force close it)
tried downloading from scratch?
do you have any connections?

it works for me.. probably what i would suggest is restarting the client.. if it doesn't work, re-download the chain -- otherwise be patient and nice

p.s. being a dick won't help - it will just lower your chance of getting help

edit: https://forum.namecoin.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1873

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

traister wrote:I see we have a fast and quick dev team ready to fix problems and answer questions... Not!

This is exactly the problem. It shouldnt take me 24 hours to get a question for a bugged wallet. This is now 24 hours that I am unable to use my wallet and make any transfers. You think this is the way to create new namecoin adopters? If you looked in the thread below you would see someone else had this same problem as me. Maybe I would think about donating coins...If I could actually use my wallet.
traister wrote:Listen im tired of the excuses. The only thing I ever hear any of the dev talks about is how they are working unpaid and this and that. If you dont have the time then dont work on it. Maybe someone else who cares will make the time... Also I did not post about a new problem. I posted about the same problem another user is having. Maybe you should check your eyes and read through full threads. This is clearly not my problem but a problem with the updated qt that was just released....
traister wrote:There is a reason Vaults of Satoshi Added NMC and then removed it from trading. They stated that they could not get the client to work. I have also had friends who have had problems with older QT wallets as well so clearly there are problems with the wallets that need to be delt with. Maybe this should be a priority. Im assuming there is a reason why VOS never re added NMC. There is also a reason why most people dont like the NMC dev team. I can see why.... Im not here to sugar coat anything. I tell it how it is.
Since traister has a history of deleting his offensive posts after people read them, I'm preserving them here for reference. I have no interest in fixing his problem, as it's perfectly okay with me if he can't access his Namecoins. Maybe if he fixes his attitude and apologizes I'll feel differently... but I highly doubt this will occur.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

traister

Post by traister »

Ok after trying everything here is the only Fix that worked! I am also running windows 7 professional so something tells me it has to do with windows 7..

Fully uninstall the namecoin.qt file.
Go into AppData > Roaming
Remove the Namecoin Folder to desktop or Change name of folder.
Reinstall the new version of Namecoin_v0.3.75_setup
Wait and let the new wallet fully Sync with the network( Could take a couple hours or so)
Once the wallet is fully Synced close your namecoin wallet, copy and paste your wallet.dat file from the old Namecoin folder that you moved to the desk top or changed the name of into the new Namecoin folder that will appear in the AppData >Roaming
Reopen your Namecoin wallet and it should be synced, updated and have your old NMC balance ready to go.

Hope this helps.