maybe Namecoin's crash to $1 a good thing..

traister

Re: maybe Namecoin's crash to $1 a good thing..

Post by traister »

Please explain when I mentioned a new looking website. I don't recall mentioning it.

I would strongly suggest that you look up the operating budgets of various nonprofits. Getting shit done actually costs money.

However, I don't really expect a serious response from you since you're obviously a troll who wants people to work for you for free. I'll make a mental note to disregard any of of your requests going forward.
I seriously hope you are not a main Dev for this project... Actually makes sense why there are buggy wallets and why things arent getting done. I introduced my friend to namecoin a while back and he noticed the lack of development as well. What did he do? He took the time out of his busy day and went and created a proper What is Namecoin Video. He didnt go bugging people for donations or for money to do it... He just did it. He did receive the bounty for it, but completed this video before even knowing there was a bounty. That is my point. Nobody is going to just give money to someone that hasn't earned it. Do you seriously think your time for free speech me was worth 50 thousand? I feel bad for the people who did fall for that trap and did donate to u.
Last edited by traister on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

traister wrote:
Please explain when I mentioned a new looking website. I don't recall mentioning it.

I would strongly suggest that you look up the operating budgets of various nonprofits. Getting shit done actually costs money.

However, I don't really expect a serious response from you since you're obviously a troll who wants people to work for you for free. I'll make a mental note to disregard any of of your requests going forward.
I seriously hope you are not a main Dev for this project... Actually makes sense why there are buggy wallets and why things arent getting done. I introduced my friend to namecoin a while back and he noticed the lack of development as well. What did he do? He took the time out of his busy day and went and created a proper What is Namecoin Video. He didnt go bugging people for donations or for money to do it... He just did it. He did receive the bounty for it, but completed this video before even knowing there was a bounty. That is my point. Nobody is going to just give money to someone that hasn't earned it. Do you seriously think your time for free speech me was worth 50 thousand? I feel bad for the people who did fall for that trap and did donate to u.
Quoted for future reference (seeing as you already removed one of your posts). Not actually replying, because why bother?
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

traister

Post by traister »

biolizard89 wrote:
traister wrote:

Quoted for future reference (seeing as you already removed one of your posts). Not actually replying, because why bother?
Im sorry that your ego has gotten in the way of bettering NMC instead of your wallet. And about you not having a response. Well that is just clear as day. Anyways I didnt come on here to argue with you but to give some constructive criticism that you clearly cant handle. Im doing my part by investing and holding on to NMC. Without people like me NMC would have 0 value... Understand that.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

traister wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:
traister wrote:I seriously hope you are not a main Dev for this project... Actually makes sense why there are buggy wallets and why things arent getting done. I introduced my friend to namecoin a while back and he noticed the lack of development as well. What did he do? He took the time out of his busy day and went and created a proper What is Namecoin Video. He didnt go bugging people for donations or for money to do it... He just did it. He did receive the bounty for it, but completed this video before even knowing there was a bounty. That is my point. Nobody is going to just give money to someone that hasn't earned it. Do you seriously think your time for free speech me was worth 50 thousand? I feel bad for the people who did fall for that trap and did donate to u.
Im sorry that your ego has gotten in the way of bettering NMC instead of your wallet. And about you not having a response. Well that is just clear as day. Anyways I didnt come on here to argue with you but to give some constructive criticism that you clearly cant handle. Im doing my part by investing and holding on to NMC. Without people like me NMC would have 0 value... Understand that.
Quoting this for future reference too, as I find your ego rather amusing.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

traister

Post by traister »

If Namecoin ever got to the point of having a proper board and foundation I would hope that you would be far far away from it. I now see what the problem with NMC is and why people constantly point fingers at the Dev Team. Funny thing is I have been defending the development for the last 6 months. How silly I have been. You clearly are not the answer but the problem.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

traister wrote:

If Namecoin ever got to the point of having a proper board and foundation I would hope that you would be far far away from it. I now see what the problem with NMC is and why people constantly point fingers at the Dev Team. Funny thing is I have been defending the development for the last 6 months. How silly I have been. You clearly are not the answer but the problem.
The above speaks for itself.

signup292

Post by signup292 »

To take a stab at chilling any hard feelings towards the success/failure, I still don't see Namecoin dropping to 0, I'm cool with breaking even on any NMC I've purchased even if it sits there 2-4 years, it's better than some 0.01% savings account.

Even as it goes to $1, I don't think its dropping to 0, I don't think there's any respected name/value coins out there yet, unless some large multi-million dollar budget just goes all out to compete. I do think if something about NMC doesn't catch on at least by next year it could fail, just because the longer you sit without growth that harder it gets to grow. I think it's good for now.

Here's an idea that I've kept somewhat secret, that I thought I'd act on with enough enthusiasm, but just haven't. The country of Greece was denied their own TLD, dot epsilon lamda, because it look too similar to .EA, freakin European Union globalists. It of course insults the sovereignty of the country. I figured Namecoin could be a hopeful technology to make it possible for them to take matters into their own hands. Again there's a whole lot more to execute an idea than just the idea itself. Maybe someday though. I'm pretty stuck into the work-life battles as well. I told Anthony, who's Greek, about it in person, he thought it was kinda cool, he's got so much on his plate though of course.

Swedespade

Post by Swedespade »

Biolizard...
You should really not be so quick to dismiss others just because of a minor disagreement. So what if traister isn't a super polite linguist, he is trying to put some fire under the devs asses. He has legitimate concerns and is doing his best to find answers.

IMO someone in your positions should respect everyone involved, others are here because they care in some capacity. You don't know who else he knows or who he will talk to in the future. Fact is the guy has a big mouth and has the potential to do wonders for NMC. People like this are entirely necessary.
To be honest I would not have even started production on the 'What is Namecoin?' video without traister and his passion for NMC. No traister = no video.

don't burn bridges.

p.s. gimmi money

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

Rejoice in Namecoin

Rejoice in Namecoin always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Satoshi and Vinced is near.
Do not be anxious if the the prices sometimes fall because the miners will guard your coins and you will always find them in the blockchain.
Stand firm dear brothers and don't sell your coins cheap. Prey and develop, make petitions, make ATMs and the prices will rise.
And Huntercoin should stand firm near us.

Greet everybody in the name of the great Satoshi(Vinced). The brothers who are with me greet you.
Trust your money and your freedom in Namecoin.
Not that I desire your coins; what I desire is that you have more coins.
And the coin owners should send some coins for the developers. Amen
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

signup292

Post by signup292 »

Quick reply just to clarify that Namecoin isn't about worshiping lambs.

Not to mention there are more than 21 million lambs in the world, and they cost more than $1. Little late for that boat.