Namecoin graphics

Forum rules
Warning !
Avoid using binary softwares from untrusted users.
Prefer compiling it yourself and verify sources.
twobits

Namecoin graphics

Post by twobits »

I have compiled the gui for windows and osx... however they are completely branded as bitcoin.

Does anyone know where I can find a namecoin.ico and/or a favicon.ico replacement for the share/pixmap/ files?

Also does anyone have replacements for src/xpm/bitcoin*.xpm files?

snailbrain

Re: Namecoin graphics

Post by snailbrain »

twobits wrote:I have compiled the gui for windows and osx... however they are completely branded as bitcoin.

Does anyone know where I can find a namecoin.ico and/or a favicon.ico replacement for the share/pixmap/ files?

which GUI is this?

i've been working on one (you must have seen my posts).. why do this now????

wasted my time?

twobits

Post by twobits »

snailbrain wrote:
twobits wrote:I have compiled the gui for windows and osx... however they are completely branded as bitcoin.

which GUI is this?

i've been working on one (you must have seen my posts).. why do this now????

wasted my time?
As pretty strongly implied by the fact I was asking for some graphics to rebrand it from Bitcoin to Namecoin, it is the Bitcoin gui.

One what? The graphics? A GUI?

Why do what now? Ask for graphics? Because the number one complaint I have gotten about the GUI build so far is what it says Bitcoin. I had some time this weekend to fix that, and thought it might be nice if I could also include some replacements for the branding graphics as well if anyone knew where I could find some.

I am not sure what you means by 'wasted my time?'. You are free to read or not read my post, use or not use the results. I have never made any requests that would take up your time directly or even talked to you that I am aware of.

phelix

Post by phelix »

Guys, please be polite and try to work together. You are both on the other thread on bitcointalk. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... msg2172952

Git is good.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

twobits

Post by twobits »

phelix wrote:
Git is good.
Well since this was put off topic already, and it does not look like I will get any help with graphics anytime soon.

I thought I would comment on this. I have tried to use git since it seem to be the choice of the community. I have wasted more time trying to get git to do what I think are simple things, that I used to do in other version control packages all the time. I wind up having to delete the whole thing and clone it again pretty often. Can't seem to find ay docs that assume you know other systems and not git terminology. It is definitely not acting as a tool to me at all.

right now it is babbling about non-fast-forward updates and not letting me do anything to prevent me from losing history.. so rm -rf time yet again it seems.. I have spent far more time dealing with git and testnet then coding. I think if I could just code I would be done by now.

phelix

Post by phelix »

Not sure if you are aware of this thread...

http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2725#p2725

phelix

Post by phelix »

twobits wrote:
phelix wrote:
Git is good.
Well since this was put off topic already, and it does not look like I will get any help with graphics anytime soon.

I thought I would comment on this. I have tried to use git since it seem to be the choice of the community. I have wasted more time trying to get git to do what I think are simple things, that I used to do in other version control packages all the time. I wind up having to delete the whole thing and clone it again pretty often. Can't seem to find ay docs that assume you know other systems and not git terminology. It is definitely not acting as a tool to me at all.

right now it is babbling about non-fast-forward updates and not letting me do anything to prevent me from losing history.. so rm -rf time yet again it seems.. I have spent far more time dealing with git and testnet then coding. I think if I could just code I would be done by now.
To be honest I have not yet done a lot with Git, either. I remember I had trouble moving a directory once. Besides that... download, code, upload?

moa

Post by moa »

twobits ... if you are on linux see if you can install "gitk" program ... it pops up a gui that makes the whole git thing make much more sense, also in main drop-down "File" menu you can find button to "Start git gui" which will pop-up another gui to help you access the most useful commands ... after playing with this for a while then the command line options for git made way more sense. Also recommend spending time reading any tutorial ... once you get the "philosophy" it falls into place pretty quickly.

But I know the "git sucks!" noob feeling :( ... it really does suck for beginners.