New namecoin gui

Forum rules
Warning !
Avoid using binary softwares from untrusted users.
Prefer compiling it yourself and verify sources.
moa

Re: New namecoin gui

Post by moa »

Thanks, that clarifies a few things.

I hear what you are saying about the latency over Tor ...

Interestingly though Namecoin for me seems to run appreciably faster over Tor than when it is not ... anybody else find this or am I unique (maybe I have an extra special "freedom filter" upstream of me)?

Few musings;

- Wonder if there is a way to pay nodes along the route in NMC to provide good relaying services?

- Can just see an extension to anonymize voice patterns .. so you get some random person, sounding like an alien deep throat informant dialling you up via Namecoin look-up!!

teathsch

Post by teathsch »

Please see the warning in the first post!

Edit: Latest version is fixed.

teathsch

Post by teathsch »

Delayed name_firstupdate support is now working. The number of blocks to wait is user selectable. The default is 6.

The Identities dialog automatically refreshes to show status changes, so you can watch as the registration goes from "Update in X block" to "Pending" to "Registered"

The user database in /home/USERNAME/.voicedotbit.sqlite3 is NOT compatible with older versions. You should remove it before updating, or the program won't start. I'm not gonna worry about maintaining backward compatibility for a while since the buddy list still isn't really being used for anything useful.

I'm thinking about trying to implement something similar to the personal namespace/basic messaging. Basically, you'd be able to store short messages in your value field. It would never be all that useful, since you'd constantly have to prune old messages to keep it under 1000 bytes (along with your public keys), but it would be kinda cool.