nameGUI - an RPC frontend GUI

Forum rules
Warning !
Avoid using binary softwares from untrusted users.
Prefer compiling it yourself and verify sources.
cassini

Re: nameGUI - an RPC frontend GUI

Post by cassini »

Before I start doing some ANTPY experiments I'm trying to figure out the recent changes in nameGUI. The most puzzling effect is this one:
nameGUI reads rcpuser and rpcpassword of my namecoin.conf correctly but ignores rpcport. I have to change the port number manually in lib/namerpc.py:
DEFAULTCLIENTPORT = 8332
to
DEFAULTCLIENTPORT = 8336
(8332 is Bitcoin's default rpcport. What's the idea behind this?)

phelix

Post by phelix »

cassini wrote:Before I start doing some ANTPY experiments I'm trying to figure out the recent changes in nameGUI. The most puzzling effect is this one:
nameGUI reads rcpuser and rpcpassword of my namecoin.conf correctly but ignores rpcport. I have to change the port number manually in lib/namerpc.py:
DEFAULTCLIENTPORT = 8332
to
DEFAULTCLIENTPORT = 8336
(8332 is Bitcoin's default rpcport. What's the idea behind this?)
This should not be the case. I don't think there were any recent changes regarding this. It works fine :)

But the default port simply is wrong. I will fix it asap. Is it possible there is a typo in "rpcport" in your conf or capital letters?

edit: done. If you simply start namerpc.py it will now output the options it uses.

edit: also, maybe it does not find your .conf file. it will look here, exactly as NMControl:

Code: Select all

if platform.system() == "Darwin":
            return os.path.expanduser("~/Library/Application Support/" + coin.capitalize())
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

phelix

Post by phelix »

updated to v0.3

phelix

Post by phelix »

v0.3.1 with cookie auth support and a connection error fix

cassini

Post by cassini »

At long last I'm going to upgrade to OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) and try to manually build 0.12.99 Namecoin Core. After that I should be ready to do some tests with the latest nameGUI and ANTPY.
I'm wondering if this .cookie file handling works on a *nix-like system ... (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. It just looks unusual at first glance :shock: )

phelix

Post by phelix »

Another update to v0.3.3

If somebody could test and post an offer for id/curie or id/dirac it would be nice.

somename

Post by somename »

phelix wrote:updated to v0.3
I'll have to try it, currently I'm on... can't tell there's no version info in the GUI :-)
But it was installed couple of months ago so the new version should be better.
Oh, it's v0.2, says Windows' Programs & Features.

One thing I discovered - and the mention of "lost" transactions at https://forum.namecoin.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2514 reminded me - is that I never really thought if the GUI provides the equivalent of "name_new" and "name_firstupdate". I once registered a name, but didn't know how to update it. name_new wasn't a "lost transaction", but it was a confusing transaction.
How does one do name_firstupdate in nameGUI?

phelix

Post by phelix »

somename wrote:
phelix wrote:updated to v0.3
I'll have to try it, currently I'm on... can't tell there's no version info in the GUI :-)
But it was installed couple of months ago so the new version should be better.
Oh, it's v0.2, says Windows' Programs & Features.

One thing I discovered - and the mention of "lost" transactions at https://forum.namecoin.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2514 reminded me - is that I never really thought if the GUI provides the equivalent of "name_new" and "name_firstupdate". I once registered a name, but didn't know how to update it. name_new wasn't a "lost transaction", but it was a confusing transaction.
How does one do name_firstupdate in nameGUI?
Register will handle it in the background.

Note I am not around so much any more: https://forum.namecoin.info/viewtopic.p ... 412#p16412