[ANN] Fundraiser for NMC MultiBit Port

Forum rules
Warning !
Avoid using binary softwares from untrusted users.
Prefer compiling it yourself and verify sources.
FrictionlessCoin

Re: [ANN] Fundraiser for NMC MultiBit Port

Post by FrictionlessCoin »

Ben wrote:
FrictionlessCoin wrote:Anyway, if I don't get any funding from the community, then I'll just release it as a closed source solution.
You have had nearly 150 NMC donated to you for this which is around $750 at current rates.

I understand it is a lot of work but if it is closed source I don't think it will benefit the community.
Maybe you folks don't realize that there is a war going on and other alt-coin are out there to eat Namecoin's lunch.

Unless you mobilize and start more relevant projects, we may be competing with the likes of Dogecoin.

Namecoin developers have sat on their hands doing next to nothing for years. It is totally unacceptable considering how much money is on the line. We have folks who have heavily invested in NMC and we owe them at least some show of effort in development.

The current Namecoin developers are clueless as to the kind of gold mine they have in their hands. I mean, it is just plain pathetic that the entire Namecoin marketing and development fund is like 122 NMC (see: http://explorer.dot-bit.org/a/NDtPuyg3a ... PtA8ewKgz3 and http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=473 ). That is just pathetic. I mean, this project alone has raised more than that!

What does it take for you folks to wake up!!!

FrictionlessCoin

snailbrain wrote:It's good that you are working on namecoin based projects.

I think if frictionlesscoin does it, then it will be a +1 for namecoin anyway, even without names.
Thank you. Finally, some pragmatic minds in this forum!

FrictionlessCoin

Folks, despite the utter absence of support, I have started development.

I hope to see more donations come in as I show progress of my work.

Stay tuned!

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

FrictionlessCoin wrote:
Ben wrote:
FrictionlessCoin wrote:Anyway, if I don't get any funding from the community, then I'll just release it as a closed source solution.
You have had nearly 150 NMC donated to you for this which is around $750 at current rates.

I understand it is a lot of work but if it is closed source I don't think it will benefit the community.
Maybe you folks don't realize that there is a war going on and other alt-coin are out there to eat Namecoin's lunch.

Unless you mobilize and start more relevant projects, we may be competing with the likes of Dogecoin.

Namecoin developers have sat on their hands doing next to nothing for years. It is totally unacceptable considering how much money is on the line. We have folks who have heavily invested in NMC and we owe them at least some show of effort in development.

The current Namecoin developers are clueless as to the kind of gold mine they have in their hands. I mean, it is just plain pathetic that the entire Namecoin marketing and development fund is like 122 NMC (see: http://explorer.dot-bit.org/a/NDtPuyg3a ... PtA8ewKgz3 and http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=473 ). That is just pathetic. I mean, this project alone has raised more than that!

What does it take for you folks to wake up!!!
i agree with most of what you say except - there has been massive amounts of work in the last 6 months :D
and i wouldn't say the namecoin devs are clueless..

There are many projects being worked on by people that aren't interested in it as a currency, probably a lot more than you are thinking..
and regarding the client, a lot of time was spent on the hardfork (before and after)... something's are more important. (and the qt client is actually pretty good imo).

in any case, i think it will be beneficial for namecoin still to have this lite client.

Co-incidentally i have already been talking with the members of the community about needing to create some funding threads for some projects. e.g.
1. rebase
2. Trading of Names - within client (or seperate).
3. LiteClient for Names.

People are still recovering from hardfork and xmas :D

i think though it's not so good to have such an aggressive attitude, as it won't help your cause :D

good luck with this, people may start actually using it as a currency, then my namecoins will go up... (/pray)

FrictionlessCoin

Folks.

Please send a token amount to indicate your interest in this project.

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

FrictionlessCoin wrote:Folks.

I would say 122 NMC is already a good sign of interest. May be if you show how your development is going on more people will contribute. But this is just an idea, it's up to you.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

domob

Post by domob »

FrictionlessCoin wrote:Folks.

Sorry if you read my earlier comment as negative (if you did). I agree with snailbrain that any work on Namecoin is great, and if you want to port Multibit / BitcoinJ to Namecoin - even without name support (for the moment?) -, then please go ahead and I think it will be very useful for a lot of people. My personal interest is not the currency aspect of Namecoin, but lies mostly in the name feature (as I see it as the thing that sets Namecoin apart, although I hold a not insignificant portion of my crypto portfolio in NMC myself), that is why I asked you about name support, too. But I understand that this is your project and your time, so you should do whatever you find best use of those resources from your own point of view. I'm glad for any work that is being done.

However, I also have to admit that I find your recent posts begging for donations quite annoying. I understand that you have to live on something and that this is a "fundraiser" thread, but if you really already got 150 NMC (not checked myself) this is more than I ever got in donations and bounties for all projects I did combined (in terms of fiat when they were made at least). I don't think people will donate more with this attitude, especially when you threaten in addition to make your project closed source if you don't get enough donations. My advice would be to just spent as much time on it as you can afford with the amount of money donated, and if it takes longer than a few weeks, then so be it; if you or others want it fast, then either you have to spend more spare time on it, or they have to pay more. No reason to be angry if not as much money is donated as you would like, though.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

lunar

Post by lunar »

Any update on this project?

lunar

Post by lunar »

frictionlesscoin Last visited: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:45 am

run away with the money? like name like nature I guess?

Ben

Post by Ben »

I'm surprised $750 was donated to someone new on the forums, especially when he was so rude.
N9kVqK8zrgtHvD6kD4yk3UgM2dkP2NykDr