.conf RPC Authorization

Namecoin, NMControl
somename

Re: .conf RPC Authorization

Post by somename »

phelix wrote:Note that on Windows it is possible to read the data directory location from the registry it was changed from default during client installation. I have already tested reading this out but still need to add it to namerpc.py
I never knew about that, even after using Bitcoin Core (ex. Qt) on Windows for several years now!
I apply the same approach as on Linux (create a start script with custom conf value), so I completely forgot about Windows registry.
I had to check to see if that's really true, and it is (strDataDir key) in

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bitcoin\Bitcoin-Qt

phelix

Re: .conf RPC Authorization

Post by phelix »

somename wrote:
phelix wrote:Note that on Windows it is possible to read the data directory location from the registry it was changed from default during client installation. I have already tested reading this out but still need to add it to namerpc.py
I never knew about that, even after using Bitcoin Core (ex. Qt) on Windows for several years now!
It probably was not there early but was added just a while ago.
I apply the same approach as on Linux (create a start script with custom conf value), so I completely forgot about Windows registry.
I had to check to see if that's really true, and it is (strDataDir key) in

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bitcoin\Bitcoin-Qt
I'm not even sure if it always exists - could be it is omitted if it would point to the default location.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum