EasyWinBuilder for Namecore

Namecoin, NMControl
phelix

EasyWinBuilder for Namecore

Post by phelix »

A couple of days ago I successfully built Namecore on Windows with a new version of EasyWinBuilder: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252931.0

Probably Bitcoin should be built first and tested, then Namecore be downloaded manually and extracted to the EWB folder. In set_vars.bat change COINFOLDER to namecore-master
Then click 4_run_build_daemon_and_qt.bat. Once it has finished click 5_gather_files.bat and you should find the executables in namecore-master-release

It ran smoothly so far. :mrgreen:
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

biolizard89

Re: EasyWinBuilder for Namecore

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:A couple of days ago I successfully built Namecore on Windows with a new version of EasyWinBuilder: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252931.0

Probably Bitcoin should be built first and tested, then Namecore be downloaded manually and extracted to the EWB folder. In set_vars.bat change COINFOLDER to namecore-master
Then click 4_run_build_daemon_and_qt.bat. Once it has finished click 5_gather_files.bat and you should find the executables in namecore-master-release

Cool, this would be useful for Windows users who are building from source themselves. However official Windows binaries should be built with Gitian, since I highly doubt EasyWinBuilder will produce the same hashes.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

phelix

Post by phelix »

biolizard89 wrote:
phelix wrote:A couple of days ago I successfully built Namecore on Windows with a new version of EasyWinBuilder: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252931.0

Cool, this would be useful for Windows users who are building from source themselves. However official Windows binaries should be built with Gitian, since I highly doubt EasyWinBuilder will produce the same hashes.
Yeah, that would be better. EasyWinBuilder currently does not even produce the same hashes on different builds on the same system, let alone different systems. It might be possible but is probably not worth the trouble with Gitian at hand.

Hopefully all three binaries can be build with Gitian without little additional effort... ? tbh I never tried it.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:

Yeah, that would be better. EasyWinBuilder currently does not even produce the same hashes on different builds on the same system, let alone different systems. It might be possible but is probably not worth the trouble with Gitian at hand.

Hopefully all three binaries can be build with Gitian without little additional effort... ? tbh I never tried it.
Last year I built the Windows and Linux versions of Bitcoin Core with Gitian (using a Debian VM); it was pretty easy. More recently I had some issues, but I think that was user error. I haven't tried building the OS X version with Gitian, but presumably it's not much different.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5