NMControl-Hyperion

Namecoin, NMControl
johnc

Re: NMControl-Hyperion

Post by johnc »

Okay, so my problems so far:
- i don't see any logging on the output.log, only from websites i resolved using the localhost namecontrol center website.
- It does not automatically setup 127.0.0.1 as dns serves, i have to do it manually.
- It stops resolving any dns for regular browsing or nslookup for 2 minutes and then it starts again.

This is the output.log

Code: Select all

Daemon mode not possible on MS Windows.
pluginGuiHttp found menu entries: ['Main', 'Browser']
 Plugins started : domain, systray, guiHttpConfig, guiHttp, guiHttpBrowser
name: 
serving page: Browser
do_quit-------------
quitting-------------
Plugin domain stopped
Plugin guiHttpConfig stopped
Plugin guiHttp stopped
Plugin dns stopped
Plugin data stopped
Plugin guiHttpBrowser stopped
Plugin rpc stopped
Plugin main stopped
do_quit-------------

This is my plugin-main.conf

[main]
; Debug mode - choices: <0|1>
debug=1

; Launch at startup
;start=0

; Background mode - choices: <0|1>
daemon=1

; Configuration file directory
;confdir=<system conf dir>
Last edited by johnc on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phelix

Post by phelix »

Oops. It does not seem to honor the debug flag in the conf file.

If you can start from the command line like this it should work:

>nmcontrolwin.exe --debug=1
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:Oops. It does not seem to honor the debug flag in the conf file.

Hmm, is that a bug in the plugin system? The expected behavior would be for the conf file to be able to enable debug output. Any chance you could file an issue about that on GitHub?
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

phelix

Post by phelix »

biolizard89 wrote:
phelix wrote:Oops. It does not seem to honor the debug flag in the conf file.

Hmm, is that a bug in the plugin system? The expected behavior would be for the conf file to be able to enable debug output. Any chance you could file an issue about that on GitHub?
i guess it is because there is special handling for the debug command line option in nmcontrol.py https://github.com/namecoin/nmcontrol/issues/60

johnc

Post by johnc »

there you go http://pastebin.com/AeV6JsRk

that's just 1 minute of doing a few nslookups and then after 2 minutes browsing it doesn't work anymore, so i press quit on the systray menu and restarted the program.

maybe a problem with

Possible domains : [[]]
* result: {}

* result: []

Fetching IP Address for:  1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa with NS Server: 8.8.8.8
* result:  []
Lookup: {'query': '', 'domain': 'feens.bit', 'src_addr': ('127.0.0.1', 62757), 'qtype': 1, 'qclass': 1}
Resolving : feens.bit getIp4
BackendDataNamecoin: ['name_show', 'd/feens']
Processing import for {u'ip': u'192.185.225.13', u'map': {u'*': {u'ip': u'192.185.225.13'}}}
Fetching ip for feens.bit in sub-domain []
* result:  {"ip": ["192.185.225.13"]}
Lookup: {'query': '', 'domain': 'feens.bit', 'src_addr': ('127.0.0.1', 62758), 'qtype': 28, 'qclass': 1}
Resolving : feens.bit getIp6
Processing import for {u'ip': u'192.185.225.13', u'map': {u'*': {u'ip': u'192.185.225.13'}}}
Fetching ip6 for feens.bit in sub-domain []
* result:  {}
Lookup: {'query': '', 'domain': '1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa', 'src_addr': ('127.0.0.1', 62759), 'qtype': 12, 'qclass': 1}
Fetching IP Address for:  1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa with NS Server: 8.8.8.8
* result:  []
Lookup: {'query': '', 'domain': 'elpais.bit', 'src_addr': ('127.0.0.1', 62760), 'qtype': 1, 'qclass': 1}
Resolving : elpais.bit getIp4
BackendDataNamecoin: ['name_show', 'd/elpais']
Lookup: {'query': '', 'domain': 'elpais.bit', 'src_addr': ('127.0.0.1', 62761), 'qtype': 28, 'qclass': 1}
Resolving : elpais.bit getIp6
Lookup: {'query': '', 'domain': 'elpais.bit', 'src_addr': ('127.0.0.1', 62762), 'qtype': 1, 'qclass': 1}
Resolving : elpais.bit getIp4

A timestamp will be nice :D

phelix

Post by phelix »

johnc wrote: ...
A timestamp will be nice :D
certainly...

Also all the ip6 stuff makes this pretty messy.

Is it possible that your namecoind was not synced all the way at the beginning and then catched up? The elpais.bit name currently does not have an IP address in the value. It did some time ago, though.

The ip4 lookups all seem ok.

Please note that with the way you configured your system ALL dns lookups go through nmcontrol which then resolves them through a google DNS server. I made this and issue on github. I will give things a try on a windows 7 system to see if we can make the installer work there.

Your feedback made us aware of some issues already. Also it shows that we need moar testing :)

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:Is it possible that your namecoind was not synced all the way at the beginning and then catched up? The elpais.bit name currently does not have an IP address in the value. It did some time ago, though.
Would be nice if Namecoin Core would refuse to answer name_show queries if the blockchain is incomplete. I've gotten a number of support requests about that in the past year. See https://github.com/namecoin/namecoin/issues/124 .

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

johnc

Post by johnc »

i had running namecoin-qt 0.3.80, with the blockchain fully downloaded prior to this, yes. So it's not namecoind or namecore. It doesn't have admin privileges so i guess that's why it can't change the dns by itself, which is a good thing. Also i'm running EMET.

I like to mess around with programs so i will be submitting logs, if i found any trouble, each time i see new binaries here.

domob

Post by domob »

biolizard89 wrote:
phelix wrote:Is it possible that your namecoind was not synced all the way at the beginning and then catched up? The elpais.bit name currently does not have an IP address in the value. It did some time ago, though.
Would be nice if Namecoin Core would refuse to answer name_show queries if the blockchain is incomplete. I've gotten a number of support requests about that in the past year. See https://github.com/namecoin/namecoin/issues/124 .
Should be easy to do. Mind opening a ticket against namecore? I'm travelling right now, but probably can fix this later in the week.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

domob wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:
Should be easy to do. Mind opening a ticket against namecore? I'm travelling right now, but probably can fix this later in the week.
I would love to, except https://github.com/namecoin/namecore doesn't have the issue tracker enabled. :) @phelix, can you enable it?