http://namecoin.info/files/Namecoin-Qt. ... 8dfe28.zip
SHA256 (zip file): 4ac23e1efdd7b735c40faddf8a7e1820f5837a1e2425748d4016bc4ce8be7378
Works with all variants of Mac OS 10.9.x (Mavericks) and 10.10 (Yosemite).
If there is an error message "can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" then you need to adjust the Security&Privacy settings in System Preferences.
(Discussions on whether we should apply for an Apple Developer ID haven't come to a final conclusion, yet.)
- After cmd-Q (quit program) several mutexLock warning messages appear in the debug.log file. Same problem as in Huntercoin client.
- Missing "show/hide" menu item (design flaw inherited from a former Bitcoin-Qt GUI).
- During the initial synchronization phase (i.e. Namecoin-Qt runs for the first time on a machine) the Energy Saver, Screen Saver and Auto-Logout options can interfere with the internal Qt setup.
For best results turn all three features off until synchronized:
- System Preferences → Energy Saver → Power Adapter (assuming the Power Adapter is connected to your Mac) → Computer Sleep: Never
- System Preferences → Desktop & Screen Saver → Screen Saver → Start after: Never
- System Preferences → Security & Privacy → General, then deactivate ''Require password ... after sleep begins''
Big thanks to Maxpower whose hints helped overcome the quirks and limitations of the Qt deployment tool.