New Namecoin Graphics Repo

Namecoin, NMControl
indolering

New Namecoin Graphics Repo

Post by indolering »

I'm not going to recap the entire recent history of the logo but after rejecting Sudo's logo we agreed upon minor visual tweaks.

I have finally finished recreating the logo and implementing those tweaks and posted the repo on Github. It contains all of the major logo variations and wordmarks in Illustrator, SVG, and PNG's in 100px, 200px, 500px, 1000px sizes as well as icons.

These graphics are canonical and the repo should be forked by the main Namecoin Github account ASAP. I'm crazy busy this month and I need this up before I can revamp the website, begin to undo Sudo's BS, and then apply for grants so we can get funding!

The only thing I've yet to finish are good/bad examples (see Firefox's branding guidelines). I also want to adjust the tints on the shaded logo variant but I'll pull in another designer on that.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

phelix

Re: New Namecoin Graphics Repo

Post by phelix »

indolering wrote:I'm not going to recap the entire recent history of the logo but after rejecting Sudo's logo we agreed upon minor visual tweaks.

I have finally finished recreating the logo and implementing those tweaks and posted the repo on Github. It contains all of the major logo variations and wordmarks in Illustrator, SVG, and PNG's in 100px, 200px, 500px, 1000px sizes as well as icons.

These graphics are canonical and the repo should be forked by the main Namecoin Github account ASAP. I'm crazy busy this month and I need this up before I can revamp the website, begin to undo Sudo's BS, and then apply for grants so we can get funding!

The only thing I've yet to finish are good/bad examples (see Firefox's branding guidelines). I also want to adjust the tints on the shaded logo variant but I'll pull in another designer on that.
I suggest we vote first.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

indolering

Post by indolering »

phelix wrote: I suggest we vote first.
First, we ALREADY agreed on a minor update. I wouldn't have put this work in if hadn't gotten consensus already.

Secondly, I only rotated the N like the B in Bitcoin's logo and tweaked the thicknesses to geometrically sane values (natural sizes which are defined in relation to the size as a whole). The logo was rotated in the old-old-skool logo (just like Bitcoin) but whoever made the "current" logo was either lazy or screwed up and used an italicized N.

(oops, looks like the blue is a titch off, I'll fix that.) Fixed.
Attachments
200-namecoin-logo-basic.png
200-namecoin-logo-basic.png (4.64 KiB) Viewed 7225 times
n2.png
n2.png (24 KiB) Viewed 7225 times

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

@indolering you attached 2 logos without labeling (which look different from each other). Not sure which one you're proposing to use, but I just asked my brother and my dad (neither of whom are particularly familiar with the Namecoin logo) and they both strongly prefer n2.png over 200-namecoin-logo-basic.png.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

indolering

Post by indolering »

biolizard89 wrote:@indolering you attached 2 logos without labeling (which look different from each other). Not sure which one you're proposing to use, but I just asked my brother and my dad (neither of whom are particularly familiar with the Namecoin logo) and they both strongly prefer n2.png over 200-namecoin-logo-basic.png.
I can revert to the italicized version if that's a serious hold up for everyone. I'm running a Google Consumer Survey, if it's lopsided I'll report back.

phelix

Post by phelix »

biolizard89 wrote:@indolering you attached 2 logos without labeling (which look different from each other). Not sure which one you're proposing to use, but I just asked my brother and my dad (neither of whom are particularly familiar with the Namecoin logo) and they both strongly prefer n2.png over 200-namecoin-logo-basic.png.
Same here. But I like other logos even better.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

ryanc

Post by ryanc »

Indo's new logos look fantastic and we should use them.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

ryanc wrote:Indo's new logos look fantastic and we should use them.
With the exception of the italicized/rotated issue (I strongly prefer the italicized version, as do both of the people I asked), I agree with Ryan.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

indolering

Post by indolering »

biolizard89 wrote:
ryanc wrote:Indo's new logos look fantastic and we should use them.
With the exception of the italicized/rotated issue (I strongly prefer the italicized version, as do both of the people I asked), I agree with Ryan.
Well, the results from Google's survey are heavily lopsided to the italicized version. I'll take another pass and emulate it more closely.

ryanc

Post by ryanc »

Hm, I actually like the rotated version a little better, but I am fine either way.