NameID Login Add-On Change

Namecoin, NMControl
domob

NameID Login Add-On Change

Post by domob »

I hope this is not off-topic here, but since NameID is also part of the "official" Github project, I think it is not. ;)

Yesterday, I've updated the NameID browser add-on as well as the web page to use a more flexible way to "communicate" between page and add-on. The page can now request message signing services from the add-on via a JavaScript library, and can otherwise be freely structured. (Previously, the add-on expected the login form to have a very specific structure.) If you use the add-on, you need to update (but you will see this on the site, too).

I believe that this makes everything much cleaner, and it also allows for more things (for instance, sending NameID authentication via AJAX). I think I should really try to write some plug-ins for common web applications to integrate NameID. I can try to start with phpBB, so that the forum can natively support NameID. :D
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

biolizard89

Re: NameID Login Add-On Change

Post by biolizard89 »

domob wrote:I hope this is not off-topic here, but since NameID is also part of the "official" Github project, I think it is not. ;)

Yesterday, I've updated the NameID browser add-on as well as the web page to use a more flexible way to "communicate" between page and add-on. The page can now request message signing services from the add-on via a JavaScript library, and can otherwise be freely structured. (Previously, the add-on expected the login form to have a very specific structure.) If you use the add-on, you need to update (but you will see this on the site, too).

I believe that this makes everything much cleaner, and it also allows for more things (for instance, sending NameID authentication via AJAX). I think I should really try to write some plug-ins for common web applications to integrate NameID. I can try to start with phpBB, so that the forum can natively support NameID. :D
Certainly not off-topic.

Nice, that's good news. I'd definitely like to see some NameID plugins for web apps. phpBB, Drupal, and WordPress come to mind as useful cases.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5