Genesis block not in blkindex

Namecoin, NMControl
virtual_master

Re: Genesis block not in blkindex

Post by virtual_master »

domob wrote:To summarise, my opinion is that we should add the transaction to the index in any case. Apart from that, I do not really care whether or not we include an additional check in CTransaction::ConnectInputs to reject spending of the genesis block coins. If it was only my choice, I would probably not include it. But if others prefer to keep them unspendable, I can add that, too. (It will only be 2-3 lines of code or so, not really a big problem.)

Can we agree on this? I'll provide a patch if yes.
If there is a probability that this 2-3 lines will cause a hardfork (and there is by making spendable the genesis block coins) then we should ask Khal also.

However if you make it only more clearly coded(3 or 3+1 lines doesn't matter) but with no hardfork risk at all then I have no objection.
Anyway thanks that you observed this irregularity. :)
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

phelix

Re: Genesis block not in blkindex

Post by phelix »

If it makes much things easier for you in other places it's fine IMHO. Whether the coins are spendable or not really does not matter - I doubt vinced would take any risk in this. We should put any hardfork possibility in the far future, though, so we can then fix it with the next actual hardfork.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum