ANN: namecoin-qt with autotools (configure) build support

Namecoin, NMControl
cotton

ANN: namecoin-qt with autotools (configure) build support

Post by cotton »

I back-ported the bitcoin client autotools support to the current namecoin-qt source tree. My fork is here:

https://github.com/chipselecta/namecoin-qt

it builds for me under Mac OSX 4.8.5 against both MacPorts and with dependencies installed by hand and on Ubuntu 14.04.3 TLS. I updated the build instructions in doc/ to reflect the changes. Can people try this out? If you do, please post your system details. Bug reports and feedback welcome. Once the bugs are ironed out, I will submit a pull request.

I haven't tried brew. I don't have a Windows box, but it looks like the bitcoin code supported MinGW. It would be great if someone could try it out.

indolering

Re: ANN: namecoin-qt with autotools (configure) build suppor

Post by indolering »

Make failed, see https://gist.github.com/indolering/8104 ... stfile1-sh

Also, shouldn't cd namecoin-qt be first?

$ ./autogen.sh
$ cd namecoin-qt
$ ./configure
$ make

I would also place ' sudo port install automake autoconf db48 boost openssl qt4-mac qrencode' up higher in the instructions.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

cotton

Post by cotton »

The cd should be first, yes. I agree about putting the deps first.

There's something wrong with that output. ./configure was run twice and there's a ^C in there somewhere. Can you re-post the output along with config.log? Thanks!

cotton

Post by cotton »

Ah, you also need pkgconfig if you want to build with Qt under MacPorts. Although it still should have built namecoind. Can you post the config.log?

indolering

Post by indolering »

Macports claims that pkgconfig is installed.

Log attached
Attachments
config.log
Build log for OS X
(97.7 KiB) Downloaded 396 times

cotton

Post by cotton »

Do yo have pkg-config installed in /usr/local/bin and /opt/local/bin? configure is picking up the one in /usr/local, which doesn't know about Qt in MacPorts' /opt. You need to put /opt/local/bin in your path first or uninstall the one in /usr/local/bin.

Second, I'm seeing compiler invocations like:

configure:8186: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/db48 -I/usr/local/Cellar/berkeley-db4/4.8.30/include -framework Foundation -framework ApplicationServices -framework AppKit conftest.cpp -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib/db48 -L/usr/local/Cellar/berkeley-db4/4.8.30/lib >&5

Do you have two copes of db 4.8 installed, the MacPorts one and another one in /usr/local/Cellar? It looks like the MacPorts include/linker flags consistently come first, but this is a receipt for disaster.

cotton

Post by cotton »

I pushed changes that will fix configure stopping after failing to find QtGui. You still have to make sure configure finds the right pkg-config if you want to build with Qt.

indolering

Post by indolering »

cotton wrote:Do yo have pkg-config installed in /usr/local/bin and /opt/local/bin? configure is picking up the one in /usr/local, which doesn't know about Qt in MacPorts' /opt. You need to put /opt/local/bin in your path first or uninstall the one in /usr/local/bin.

Second, I'm seeing compiler invocations like:

configure:8186: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/db48 -I/usr/local/Cellar/berkeley-db4/4.8.30/include -framework Foundation -framework ApplicationServices -framework AppKit conftest.cpp -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib/db48 -L/usr/local/Cellar/berkeley-db4/4.8.30/lib >&5

Do you have two copes of db 4.8 installed, the MacPorts one and another one in /usr/local/Cellar? It looks like the MacPorts include/linker flags consistently come first, but this is a receipt for disaster.
Ha ha, it's hard to keep track of the different build systems. I'll try your new build soon : )

indolering

Post by indolering »

I've got namecoind running:

Code: Select all

{
    "version" : 37300,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 153090,
    "timeoffset" : -5,
    "connections" : 5,
    "proxy" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "difficulty" : 737291675.05326605,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1387560433,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}
Github isn't cooperating in letting me fork your repo, but you should add '--with-qt=no' into the OS X build document. You should also probably reference the build documents in the main README.md

I couldn't get the QT version to build, but I didn't try very hard. I've attached the log, however.

Have you submitted a pull request for this fix yet?
Attachments
config-1.log
(125.83 KiB) Downloaded 409 times

indolering

Post by indolering »

I'm not sure if this is related to your specific build or not, neither namecoind nor namecoind -d appear to demonize the process. They both require that I keep the terminal open to work.