Windows help

aprillia

Windows help

Post by aprillia »

i downloaded the windows zip folder, unziped it and tried to install. it gave me an error about a a file in my appdata/roaming/namecoin/bitcoin.conf that a password must be made and if file didn't exists make it. so i made it and changed my password. now i click on the namecoin icon it opens a cmd and just blinks. is there something im missing something else i need to set up or install for it to work?

thirdlight

Re: Windows help

Post by thirdlight »

Sounds like it's working fine.

Open another command window (Windows menu -> Run -> "cmd") and navigate to where your namecoind lives - usually by typing

Code: Select all

cd "c:\program files\namecoin"
Then type

namecoind getinfo
and you should see some output.

Taduliauskas

Re: Windows help

Post by Taduliauskas »

Hoi,

First of all, the password it self is not important. You did everything correctly until the part were you telling, that you press on namecoind icon.

After creating bitcoin.conf file, open "Command Prompt" write in it this:

C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\Namecoin\namecoind.exe
As you can see, we inserted a directory wich leads to the file "namecoind.exe" but this directory is in my computer. You will have to write your own directory, were you had unziped the namecoind.exe file.

After this, on the top of program were you can see "Command Prompt", there should appear your full directory. If you did everything correctly, this cmd window wont react to any of your keyboard input.

After this, open another cmd window. Now enter this code:

cd C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\Namecoin
Same as in the first step, the directory should lead to the file "namecoind.exe" but you don't need to write file name at the end of your written directory.

After this, if you did everything correctly you should have two opened CMD windows. First one, wich does not reacts to any of your commands, and the other one, wich we created just now. In this cmd you can write all the commands to continue like:

namecoind getinfo

namecoind help