Blocks found - zero balance (cmd newbie)

kebumaha

Blocks found - zero balance (cmd newbie)

Post by kebumaha »

Sup. I tested this and my miners said couple blocks had been accepted. Now when e.g. doing "listreceivedbyaddress 0 true" I get "amount: 0.00000000". Does they show up only after 120 confirmations or huh? At least in bitcoin transactions show "immediately" with their confirmations count, but since I've never found a block I don't know if founding one is treated differently. Thanks in advance :)

khal
Site Admin

Re: Blocks found - zero balance (cmd newbie)

Post by khal »

The windows version of namecoin does not include the patch to see immature coins. I guess you use this one ?
NamecoinID: id/khal
GPG : 9CC5B92E965D69A9
NMC: N1KHAL5C1CRzy58NdJwp1tbLze3XrkFxx9
BTC: 1KHAL8bUjnkMRMg9yd2dNrYnJgZGH8Nj6T

Register Namecoin domains with BTC
My bitcoin Identity - Send messages to bitcoin users
Charity Ad - Make a good deed without paying a cent

kebumaha

Post by kebumaha »

Ok, that probably is it then. I was lazy and grabbed what I thought were latest the binaries from thread in bitcoin/forums (can't remember which), as I'm not very familiar compiling big software like this. Maybe I'll look on to that now. ;)

Edit: Oh, I read you wrong. Yes I use windows version. So it's not in it yet?

khal
Site Admin

Post by khal »

The last one i found for windows is on the wiki and does not include the patch. I'm waiting for a generous guy that compiles last windows versions :p
NamecoinID: id/khal
GPG : 9CC5B92E965D69A9
NMC: N1KHAL5C1CRzy58NdJwp1tbLze3XrkFxx9
BTC: 1KHAL8bUjnkMRMg9yd2dNrYnJgZGH8Nj6T

Register Namecoin domains with BTC
My bitcoin Identity - Send messages to bitcoin users
Charity Ad - Make a good deed without paying a cent

FatherMcGruder

Post by FatherMcGruder »

I suppose I have a similar situation. I started solo mining for namecoins last night with DiabloMiner. Everything seems to have worked fine on that end and this morning the miner notified me that it had found a block sometime overnight. However, I ran "./namecoind getinfo" only to see that I had zero balance. I am on Linux using this binary, dated May 17, 2011, from the wiki's main page.

I'll check the balance again after work and provide a status update.

doublec

Post by doublec »

FatherMcGruder wrote:However, I ran "./namecoind getinfo" only to see that I had zero balance.
This will never show the value of immature blocks as you can't spend the coins so it isn't reflected in the balance. You want 'listtransactions'. That will show 'immature' for immature blocks in the transaction and 'generated' for mature ones. To get 'listtransactions' working you need the latest client mentioned previously.