Electrum 3.3.6 won't connect

user1234

Electrum 3.3.6 won't connect

Post by user1234 »

Hello and congratulations on latest electrum release.I have downloaded all client software versions and tried each one but none will get connection.Older beta version worked without any problems and I have tried everything to make it connect but nothing works.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

biolizard89

Re: Electrum 3.3.6 won't connect

Post by biolizard89 »

user1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:27 am
Hello and congratulations on latest electrum release.I have downloaded all client software versions and tried each one but none will get connection.Older beta version worked without any problems and I have tried everything to make it connect but nothing works.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.
Which servers did you try connecting to? Which OS are you on?
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

user1234

Post by user1234 »

I have tried various windows version including the windows 10,7 and vista

I have also tried manually connecting to each server including: electrum-nmc.le-space.de , nmc.bitcoins.sk and ulrichard.ch

It was tested by someone who was trying to help me and they had Ubuntu and it worked fine for them so maybe it is issue with the windows OS?

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

user1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:38 pm
I have tried various windows version including the windows 10,7 and vista

I have also tried manually connecting to each server including: electrum-nmc.le-space.de , nmc.bitcoins.sk and ulrichard.ch

It was tested by someone who was trying to help me and they had Ubuntu and it worked fine for them so maybe it is issue with the windows OS?
I just uploaded Electrum-NMC 3.3.7 binaries today; you can access them by substituting "3.3.7" for "3.3.6.1" in the URL's. (The web page will be updated in the next few days.) Any chance you could try 3.3.7 and see if it fixes your issue? There was definitely some breakage in 3.3.5 through 3.3.6.1 that was caused by a code refactor gone horribly wrong, and AFAICT it did seem to affect Windows more severely; it should be fixed in 3.3.7.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

user1234

Post by user1234 »

Hi,I did that and tried all versions again with the 3.3.7 prefix/clients but after leaving them all for a few hours running still fail to grab any connection.I double checked to see if it was something I was doing wrong and uninstalled/deleted old electrum client versions for other coins inc. flushing out all the executable files and downloading new clients for each other coins and they all install and sync eventually apart from namecoin.Not sure what is happening really unless its a port issue and I am not very technically proficient at these matters unfortunalely.
Thanks for your time and effort btw.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

user1234 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:11 am
Hi,I did that and tried all versions again with the 3.3.7 prefix/clients but after leaving them all for a few hours running still fail to grab any connection.I double checked to see if it was something I was doing wrong and uninstalled/deleted old electrum client versions for other coins inc. flushing out all the executable files and downloading new clients for each other coins and they all install and sync eventually apart from namecoin.Not sure what is happening really unless its a port issue and I am not very technically proficient at these matters unfortunalely.
Thanks for your time and effort btw.
nmc.bitcoins.sk is indeed apparently down at the moment. Unfortunately I don't have contact info for that server operator, so it's not clear if it will come back online anytime soon.

electrum-nmc.le-space.de worked fine for me today on Windows with 3.3.7.

ulrichard.ch apparently had an expired TLS cert; I contacted the server operator today and it looks like he fixed it.

Any chance you could try ulrichard.ch again to see if it works now for you?

user1234

Post by user1234 »

I left it running for a couple of hours but when I came back to check on it there was still no connection.I put in each server manually also and left each trying individually for 30 minutes at a time but still nothing connects.I checked https://1209k.com/bitcoin-eye/ele.php?chain=nmc to see what servers were up each time and last tested for a connection this morning were electrum-nmc.le-space.de 50002 and ulrichard.ch 50006 which are up and running but I cannot connect to.

I just can't figure out what is happening.I even have the firewall off.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

user1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:48 am
I left it running for a couple of hours but when I came back to check on it there was still no connection.I put in each server manually also and left each trying individually for 30 minutes at a time but still nothing connects.I checked https://1209k.com/bitcoin-eye/ele.php?chain=nmc to see what servers were up each time and last tested for a connection this morning were electrum-nmc.le-space.de 50002 and ulrichard.ch 50006 which are up and running but I cannot connect to.

I just can't figure out what is happening.I even have the firewall off.
Could you enable debug logging (it's in the options dialog), restart Electrum-NMC, try to connect to the servers, exit Electrum-NMC, and then post the log file? (The log file probably won't have any sensitive info in it, but feel free to redact it and/or PM it to me if you want.)

user1234

Post by user1234 »

I couldn't past the whole thing here due to amount of text but I have sent a pm with the latest log file.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

user1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:46 am
I couldn't past the whole thing here due to amount of text but I have sent a pm with the latest log file.
So, the relevant line of the log is this (which is repeated over and over for each server):

Code: Select all

INFO | interface.[ulrichard.ch:50006] | disconnecting due to: ErrorGettingSSLCertFromServer(ConnectError(gaierror(11001, 'getaddrinfo failed'),),)
This looks likely to be unrelated to anything specific to Electrum-NMC. Can you check whether anything similar occurs with upstream Electrum?