Setup domain?

Karlex12

Setup domain?

Post by Karlex12 »

I just bought my .bit domain, but no matter which ip i point it to it ends up showing this while browsing it:
The requested resource could not be loaded.
What am i doing wrong here? I changed the ip from the stock config and waited for 24h+ now

virus_net

Re: Setup domain?

Post by virus_net »

please provide domain name and tell which dns you are using for resolv
bitname.ru:
- whois service for .bit: whois.bitname.ru or whois.bitname.bit
- dns servers for .bit: dns1.bitname.ru dns2.bitname.ru or dns1.bitname.bit dns2.bitname.bit
- bit domains statistics
github

Karlex12

Post by Karlex12 »

Im using dotbit.me for the domain, i changed the ip there but i guess that wont work?

virus_net

Post by virus_net »

dotbit.me is registrar and that`s all.
Karlex12, nobody can help you or say something about your problem if you don`t answer the questions.

so again, first of all please provide:
  • 1) dot bit domain name that you own;
    2) DNS settings of your network device (computer or router (if you using router to gain access to the Internet));
And try to use this browser exten or these DNS servers to resolv and open your domain HTTP page.
bitname.ru:
- dns servers for .bit: dns1.bitname.ru dns2.bitname.ru or dns1.bitname.bit dns2.bitname.bit
- bit domains statistics
github

Karlex12

Post by Karlex12 »

And how im supposed to move my domain at all then if its not possible to change the DNS Value @ dotbit? As i said no matter what i place there it wont change and any resolver capable of resolving .bit addresses will show this:

86400 IN TXT "{\"registrar-email\": \"admin@dotbit.me\", \"registrar\": \"dotbit.me\"}"
86400 IN A 144.76.12.6

Can you tell me then any DNS provider i can use to link my domain to a regular ipv4 address?

Karlex12

Post by Karlex12 »

@virus_net

Your website shows the correct dns values for my domain, but any other public resolver dosent:

All shows the old incorrect value:
86400 IN TXT "{\"registrar-email\": \"admin@dotbit.me\", \"registrar\": \"dotbit.me\"}"
86400 IN A 144.76.12.6

virus_net

Post by virus_net »

I can`t comment because you still don`t provide your .bit domain name. So I don`t know how to answer on "why?" if I can`t check and see by myself.
Also if you have some problems with dotbit.me interface - try to write to admin@dotbit.me
Also,
Karlex12 wrote:Your website
I don`t understand about which "my" website you are talking about.
bitname.ru:
- bit domains statistics
github

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

Generally speaking I'm not able to provide support for centralized resolvers, since I don't run them and I don't know what issues they might be having. Historically lots of centralized resolvers have had various strange issues, either due to lack of maintenance or using software that doesn't follow established specifications. I was also notified yesterday that some centralized resolvers are now blacklisting Namecoin domains that they don't like.

Generally I suggest running Namecoin locally, in combination with ncdns. ncdns's ease of installation depends on your OS, but as far as I can tell you haven't told us what OS you're on, so I'm not sure what to recommend. You could also try NMControl if ncdns isn't easy to install for you, but NMControl has some standards-compliance issues of its own (which is why it's EOL in favor of ncdns).

In any event, if you want to triangulate and you can't use Namecoin Core, you can check your name at https://namecha.in and see if it has the correct value there. As far as I know Namecha.in has been reasonably reliable, but as with any centralized services, I can't make any warranties that their systems are operating correctly. If you do have access to Namecoin Core but you don't have ncdns, you can open a debug console in Namecoin Core and type "name_show d/example", where d/example is your name, and see if the data shown is what you expect. If it's what you expect, then whatever centralized resolver you're using is broken. Which would not surprise me at all -- please don't use them if you value decentralization. (And if you're cool with centralization, then maybe the DNS is a better fit than Namecoin for you?)
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5