Compiling namecoin to custom path

JZA

Compiling namecoin to custom path

Post by JZA »

Hi I donwloaded the git namecoin-core on my ~/Download/ folder and I want to build it withing that same folder, I wonder what would be the configure flag to put the binaries on the current directory, I am not trying to overwrite the old namecoin binary.

I dont want it to go to /usr/local/bin/namecoind for example, or /usr/local/lib/libnamecoinconsensus.so.0.0.0

Currently using Archlinux

biolizard89

Re: Compiling namecoin to custom path

Post by biolizard89 »

JZA wrote:Hi I donwloaded the git namecoin-core on my ~/Download/ folder and I want to build it withing that same folder, I wonder what would be the configure flag to put the binaries on the current directory, I am not trying to overwrite the old namecoin binary.

I dont want it to go to /usr/local/bin/namecoind for example, or /usr/local/lib/libnamecoinconsensus.so.0.0.0

Currently using Archlinux
I'm not certain of the exact answer to your question (not really something I've hacked around with), but why not simply omit the "make install" and then copy the binaries to wherever you want them? autogen.sh/configure/make shouldn't touch anything outside of the build directory.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

JZA

Re: Compiling namecoin to custom path

Post by JZA »

Thanks, that worked.