[solved] Balance vs Amount of coins

JZA

[solved] Balance vs Amount of coins

Post by JZA »

I was explained this a while ago but now it seems I forgot exactly, there is a difference between the ammount of coins and the balance that the walllet has. I am managing my namecoin wallet from the CLI. I send 1.30 nmc and worked well for a while, now I am trying to do firstupdate and keep getting this error "error: {"code":-1,"message":"name_firstupdate <name> <rand> [<tx>] <value>\nPerform a first update after a name_new reservation.\nNote that the first update will go into a block 12 blocks after the name_new, at the soonest."}"

I had manually check the timestamp compared the block to the current one and got 25 block differences. So I think I had ran out of juice, I already send a new namecoin. But regardless, I keep seen the same ammount on my account. I wonder if there is a command I am not using.

Code: Select all

./namecoind getbalance my_account 
>> 2.20232
I wonder if there is something else I should be looking for.

I did a search on the name_new txid and was registered on the block 277271, we are currently at block 277436

JZA

Re: [solved] Balance vs Amount of coins

Post by JZA »

I discover the issue was the JSON object wasnt correctly quoted. It's working now :D

johnc

Post by johnc »

If entering a incorrect json gives you strange errors you should report on github as a bug.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

johnc wrote:If entering a incorrect json gives you strange errors you should report on github as a bug.
Based on the discussion on IRC, it's not a bug in namecoind. It had nothing to do with incorrect JSON, the issue was (as JZA said) that the value argument wasn't quoted, which means that Bash interprets it as multiple arguments separated by spaces. Everything in both namecoind and Bash is working as intended.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5