NamecoinToBind on Arch Linux

DanielS

NamecoinToBind on Arch Linux

Post by DanielS »

I want to generate a .bit zone file for bind by NamecoinToBind.
If I try to run namescan.php directly using "php namescan.php",
I get the following messages and no zone file is created:
> New blocks : 276051
> New names : 588672
> Write : ~/cache/getinfo_seri
> No new bind domain
I guess I'm missing something very obvious, so it would be nice if anyone has an idea.
Note: I'm running Arch Linux, php 7.0.4, namecoin-core 0.12RC2

cassini

Re: NamecoinToBind on Arch Linux

Post by cassini »

NamecoinToBind is quite outdated. I am pretty sure it has problems with namecoin-core's JSON format which is slightly different to the old JSON output.
You may have more luck with https://github.com/CalumMc/nmczone
written and maintained by Calum McAlinden. He uses it to run the .bit bridge to opennicproject.org

DanielS

Post by DanielS »

You were right. I tried nmczone, but it failed again using namecoin-core 0.12RC2. So I used the old namecoin-legacy 0.3.80 and it worked. Maybe NamecoinToBind works with namecoin 0.3.80 as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

I believe ncdns has a zone file dumping application. https://github.com/hlandau/ncdns

If that doesn't work with Namecoin Core, it's a bug, please report it either on GitHub, this thread, or on IRC.

0.3.80 will stop working fairly soon since we will be scheduling a hardfork in the foreseeable future. If you're doing something that relies on 0.3.80, please let us know what's broken with Core so that we can get it fixed before the hardfork.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5