.BIT name transfer not transfering

megabyte

.BIT name transfer not transfering

Post by megabyte »

Hello coiners
Did I do something wrong?
I tried to transfer a .bit name from one wallet to my new wallet using my software (version 3.8) only and the name did not end up in the new wallet.
I used the namecoin - manage name interface, which has a window where I can enter the address to be transfered to and the name did not end up in the new wallet.

I used the address in the new wallet but it did not work.
Can anybody tell me how to transfer a name from one wallet to another technically please. I think i am not doing it right.

cassini

Re: .BIT name transfer not transfering

Post by cassini »

Currently some transactions sent from a 0.3.8x client or older take several hours before they appear on the blockchain. This seems to be a side-effect of some mining pools implemented BIP0062.
Don't shutdown the sending Namecoin client before the transaction has at least 1 confirmation (i.e. is on the blockchain). If you already did then simply start the Namecoin client again and let it run for a few hours. It automatically does a "ResendWalletTransaction" every 30 mins. in case your transaction(s) didn't get to the non-BIP0062 mining pools.

biolizard89

Re: .BIT name transfer not transfering

Post by biolizard89 »

cassini wrote:Currently some transactions sent from a 0.3.8x client or older take several hours before they appear on the blockchain. This seems to be a side-effect of some mining pools implemented BIP0062.
Don't shutdown the sending Namecoin client before the transaction has at least 1 confirmation (i.e. is on the blockchain). If you already did then simply start the Namecoin client again and let it run for a few hours. It automatically does a "ResendWalletTransaction" every 30 mins. in case your transaction(s) didn't get to the non-BIP0062 mining pools.
How does BIP 62 cause transactions to take several hours? Matt from Netki asked about transactions taking a while to confirm, but the timing of when his problems happened seemed to coincide with Eligius's Namecoin miner dying for a week.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5