Never received an email from getdotbit.com on or about Nov 1

liberland

Never received an email from getdotbit.com on or about Nov 1

Post by liberland »

I am new at this, so pardon my ignorance.

I registered a few names via getdotbit.com, but they are now "no longer in service."

They claim I should have "receieved [sic] an email with instructions on how to proceed". I never did.

I have emailed the admin@getdotbit.com four (4) times already, but no answer at all.

Can anyone guide me on how I can get back my .bit names?

Thanks,

L.

NB. Below is the message from the getdotbit.com website:

GetDotBit
As of November 1st, 2015, GetDotBit is no longer in service. If you are an existing customer you should have receieved an email with instructions on how to proceed, for any additonal information please contact admin@getdotbit.com

liberland

Re: Never received an email from getdotbit.com on or about N

Post by liberland »

I keep getting this in response to the emails I sent:

"Rcpt To: <admin@getdotbit.com>
Repeated: <7>
Last Try: <2/11/2016 5:49:46 AM>

The reason of the delivery failure was:

Can not connect to SMTP server <getdotbit.com>."

Does anyone have a copy of the infamous "email with instructions on how to proceed"?

Please post it here...I don't know what else to do.

cassini

Post by cassini »

You could try to get in touch with reddit user u/Vertp (last activity 3 days ago). According to this reddit post he was the creator of the getdotbit.com website.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

I assume you've figured this out the hard way by now, but for anyone reading this thread: do not use web wallets. They are not safe, and they frequently disappear with all your coins.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

liberland

Post by liberland »

biolizard89 wrote:I assume you've figured this out the hard way by now, but for anyone reading this thread: do not use web wallets. They are not safe, and they frequently disappear with all your coins.
:shock: I am not sure how this is related to the question of my post, but since I am learning on .bit domain names I will keep an open mind.

Let me reiterate: NOBODY has stolen ANYTHING from me. I ordered domain names via getdotbit.com and due to MY IGNORANCE and NEGLIGENCE (not ANYONE else's) I have not been able to set the domain names up as websites. I now have a list of my domain names, but I do NOT know how to get them online, because "private keys are no longer available" (if that matters at all in getting the domains up and running).

So, I am looking for help to get the .bit domains up and running.

Sincerely,

L.

liberland

Post by liberland »

cassini wrote:You could try to get in touch with reddit user u/Vertp (last activity 3 days ago). According to this reddit post he was the creator of the getdotbit.com website.
Thanks Cassini! I truly appreciate your help. I will contact him. Again, thanks!

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

liberland wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:I assume you've figured this out the hard way by now, but for anyone reading this thread: do not use web wallets. They are not safe, and they frequently disappear with all your coins.
:shock: I am not sure how this is related to the question of my post, but since I am learning on .bit domain names I will keep an open mind.

Let me reiterate: NOBODY has stolen ANYTHING from me. I ordered domain names via getdotbit.com and due to MY IGNORANCE and NEGLIGENCE (not ANYONE else's) I have not been able to set the domain names up as websites. I now have a list of my domain names, but I do NOT know how to get them online, because "private keys are no longer available" (if that matters at all in getting the domains up and running).

So, I am looking for help to get the .bit domains up and running.

Sincerely,

L.
It certainly sounded from your original post that you didn't have access to your names because the web wallet in question had disappeared. If that impression is incorrect, then thanks for the clarification. My warning about web wallets still stands though.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5