Client not broadcasting transactions automatically

FULl

Client not broadcasting transactions automatically

Post by FULl »

Hi,

I'm using the new release candidate version of the Namecoin client, and I'm having some trouble with it.

Whenever I try to broadcast a transaction, it hangs on the transaction upon initiating it.

For example I'll do a name_new, and it'll show up in my Transactions list, but the Transaction Details window will show that it's been broadcast through howevermany nodes, & it'll sit there without making any progress- for 10 hours.

I have to close & reopen the client for it to actually move forward with new transactions, be it name_new, or name_firstupdate. I think once a name_firstupdate worked automatically, in the previous version.

So for now I have extra steps in my workflow where I close & reopen the client, and that's fine until a fix gets worked out. I just figured I'd mention it here so devs who read this will know it's happening.

-F

phelix

Re: Client not broadcasting transactions automatically

Post by phelix »

Thanks for letting us know. I'm giving it a try right now. But I doubt this has anything to do with the new version. Could be it's still because of some remaining ripples from the aggregator issue.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

FULl

Post by FULl »

Just to be clear, it's been an ongoing issue that has been with me since I began with Namecoin using the previous version. It's not something new with the release candidate.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

FULl wrote:Just to be clear, it's been an ongoing issue that has been with me since I began with Namecoin using the previous version. It's not something new with the release candidate.
There were still issues for me last night when I tried a name_new. Seems it's getting better though, I didn't have to wait as long.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

FULl

Post by FULl »

I imagine most clients have been updated to the version that fixes the miner shutdown issue by now, and I still get:

...staying there for hours unless I shut down & restart the client. Afterward it shows as simply 'unconfirmed', but it does progress.

It happens every time with a name_new operation, and about 60% of the time on name_firstupdate operations.

I think it's something totally separate from the issue the last update fixed with the generally slow performance.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

FULl wrote:I imagine most clients have been updated to the version that fixes the miner shutdown issue by now, and I still get:

...staying there for hours unless I shut down & restart the client. Afterward it shows as simply 'unconfirmed', but it does progress.

It happens every time with a name_new operation, and about 60% of the time on name_firstupdate operations.

I think it's something totally separate from the issue the last update fixed with the generally slow performance.
What fee are you using? Have you tried a higher fee (within reason)?

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

FULl

Post by FULl »

But it's working now, at 3am. No hanging on even name_new. Which is a first.

I'm happy that it's working now, but it certainly wasn't earlier in the week. I waited 35-45 minutes that time I tried earlier. Maybe that's normal?

I guess it _is_ the issue the new version fixed after all.

Glad to be wrong in this case.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

FULl wrote:0.005

But it's working now, at 3am. No hanging on even name_new. Which is a first.

I'm happy that it's working now, but it certainly wasn't earlier in the week. I waited 35-45 minutes that time I tried earlier. Maybe that's normal?

I guess it _is_ the issue the new version fixed after all.

Glad to be wrong in this case.
Happy to hear it's working for you now.