FreeSpeechMe Tech Help

biolizard89

Re: FreeSpeechMe Tech Help

Post by biolizard89 »

DataPacRat wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:32-bit Linux doesn't work right now.
I'm currently using 32-bit Slackware; are there any plans for getting a 32-bit Linux version of FreeSpeechMe working in the near future?
So, the main bottleneck there is that I don't have a 32-bit Linux install to build namecoind on. Presumably once we get the build process set up better, this won't be an issue. I'm well aware that 32-bit Linux support is desired.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

biolizard89

Re: FreeSpeechMe Tech Help

Post by biolizard89 »

Meister wrote:Hello!
I'm currently trying to get the FreeSpeechMe addon working correctly in Linux. I'm running Arch Linux 64 bit with Firefox 29.0.
I've let the addon run for well over 5 hours but I cannot resolve any .bit address's I've tried. I continue to come up with the error "Namecoin Resolution Error: Failed to connect to nmcontrol -- -5961". After doing some digging, and trying to run firefox from a terminal, I found this error -
File "./nmcontrol.py", line 63
print "Exception when loading "+modType, module, ":", e
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I look at my currently running programs, and sure enough nmcontrol isn't starting. I did a quick internet search but the only thing that seems to pop up is something about Python 3 not being compatable. I'm not sure how I would go about fixing this so I'm coming here for help, would love to use this addon. :)

If it helps, the addons I'm using now are Disconnect, Https everywhere, NoScript, RequestPolicy, GreaseMonkey, and Adblock Edge.

Thanks!
A few people have reported this on Arch; looks like the issue relates to the default Python version on Arch. I know how to fix it; it'll be fixed in a future release.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5