namecoin-qt blockchain location change

hawkeye01989

namecoin-qt blockchain location change

Post by hawkeye01989 »

My Namecoin client is downloading the blockchain to my boot drive and I'd like to have it on my data drive. Is there any way to modify the client so it can do this? I had the same problem with my bitcoin client, and the fix was to modify the 'location' (by adding "D:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe" -datadir=d:\BitCoinData) on my shortcut, however I can't seem to do that on my namecoin shortcut :( Any suggestions?

Thanks

phelix

Re: namecoin-qt blockchain location change

Post by phelix »

Hmm never tried but it should work with both namecoind and namecoin-qt as it is in the code.

Code: Select all

//
    // Parameters
    //
    if (argc >= 0) // GUI sets argc to -1, because it parses the parameters itself
    {
        ParseParameters(argc, argv);

if (mapArgs.count("-datadir"))
        {
            if (filesystem::is_directory(filesystem::system_complete(mapArgs["-datadir"])))
            {
                filesystem::path pathDataDir = filesystem::system_complete(mapArgs["-datadir"]);
                strlcpy(pszSetDataDir, pathDataDir.string().c_str(), sizeof(pszSetDataDir));
            }
            else
            {
                fprintf(stderr, "Error: Specified directory does not exist\n");
                Shutdown(NULL);
            }
        }
    }
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

cassini

Post by cassini »

Code: Select all

if (argc >= 0) // GUI sets argc to -1, because it parses the parameters itself
Doesn't the comment indicate that the parameter has no effect in Namecoin-Qt?

In namecoind, however, the parameters -datadir and -conf work as expected. In fact, I always start namecoind with both parameters. As I have several experimental directories on my disk I want to make sure that all the data come from the relevant directory. Today, for example, I am doing a few experiments on blockchain quickstarts (inspired by phelix's http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1313). I am switching between two workspaces on an old Macbook:
/Users/cassini/namecoin/hotwallet/namecoind -datadir=/Users/cassini/namecoin/hotwallet -conf=/Users/cassini/namecoin/hotwallet/namecoin.conf
starts my standard hotwallet, whereas
/Users/cassini/namecoin/reindextest/namecoind -datadir=/Users/cassini/namecoin/reindextest -conf=/Users/cassini/namecoin/reindextest/namecoin.conf
starts my reindex experiment.

hawkeye01989

Post by hawkeye01989 »

Thanks for trying to help but no luck so far. I have enough room on my C drive for now, I'll keep seeing what I can do to get it to work, but for now I'm going to leave it be.
Thanks again for trying to help! :D