Check transaction confirmations

Carajillu

Check transaction confirmations

Post by Carajillu »

Today I sent a transaction from an exchange to another, it was like 8 hours ago, and I haven´t received the NMCs yet in the other exchange (Kraken). They are experiencing some overhead recently, but I wanted to know if I can check the number of conbfirmations for this transaction. I have decoded the raw transaction with my home client but I´m not able to see the number of confirmations... Also Namecoin block explorer doens´t show it (or I have not been able to find it). Any help?

JohnnyPierce

Re: Check transaction confirmations

Post by JohnnyPierce »

I to have the same problem, I transferred Namecoin funds directly from BTC-E to Kraken and my transaction is on "confirming..." Status for more than 24 hours.

Is this a usual problem with Namecoin, how much longer should I have to wait for a completed transaction, is there any step that I ought to do manually?

Thanks in advance!

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

JohnnyPierce wrote:I to have the same problem, I transferred Namecoin funds directly from BTC-E to Kraken and my transaction is on "confirming..." Status for more than 24 hours.

Is this a usual problem with Namecoin, how much longer should I have to wait for a completed transaction, is there any step that I ought to do manually?

Thanks in advance!
That's not normal; confirmation should occur after 1 hour in theory (same as Bitcoin), although some of the pools had a bug that made it more like 2 hours (I think that's partially fixed). 24 hours is definitely not expected, and I haven't seen it happen that I can remember.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

Carajillu

Post by Carajillu »

I have received the coins finally. It was not a namecoin network issue but a Kraken issue I guess because some other customers were complaining about delays in receiving funds with litecoin and bitcoin (not namecoin). Let the game begin :)