Finding Namecoin threads on bitcointalk.org

snailbrain

Re: Finding Namecoin threads on bitcointalk.org

Post by snailbrain »

virtual_master wrote:
snailbrain wrote: but what would they do? don't fully understand
Longer time ago I intended to write a dissertation about Intelligent Agents cooperating in an Emerging Intelligence but finally I abandoned this work because I was to lazy.
They can do whatever an Artificial Intelligence program can do. It depends on your programming capacity and your phantasy. It is considered a much easier approach to create a complex AI solution this way than with neural networks(you can easier cut the problem in parts). Every Intelligent Agent(IA) has a limited capacity but they cooperate toward a higher intelligence after specified rule.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_agent
I saw also that somebody created already an autonomous Agent concept entry in connection with Bitcoin.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Agents
So they are enough user cases listed in AI literature and also many proof of concept implementations.
The question what we should put is more what specific advantage would bring to put an agent(or more which cooperate)in the blockchain.
You could help me also to brainstorm about it. :) :) :)
What advantage brings generally the blockchain over storing something on a server ? Security against manipulation.
Tasks which doesn't occupy very much resources but which are security sensitive.
IAs could act or interact as cronjobs or could solve DeadManSwitch problems more reliable. They could read some inputs(like weather, temperature in different locations, Stock values, Gold price, Forex values) and generate outputs(send message, create buy or sell orders, commands to local computers or devices, outputs to voting systems)
How should work ?
At the beginning some central servers could be set up to run this agents in small Virtual Machine environments.
Later could be created Agencies(a category like miners and users now) with Agency software and an incentive system to run decentralized all stored and active Namecoin Intelligent Agents. Agencies would receive Namecoins like miners for running the active agents.
At the beginning IAs would act or interact in a weak emerging system like swarm intelligence concurrently or cooperatively later they could eventually develop a strong emerging intelligence and act almost like a secretary of a person or a pseudonymous identity .
Ok know what you mean,

The AI in blockchain cannot grow though, they are fixed in the past as one program (fixed at block number xxx).. how will they expand and grow and learn?
The bitcoin Agent concept is awesome, but it is just using bitcoin as a currency to survive (purchase space/memory), is not actually in the chain?.. so the AI things won't really work by being in the chain.. but maybe they could use namecoin to create paths or roads through cyberspace... I suppose in the chain could be like the "seeds" of the AI.. also the AI could store some small amounts of memory in namecoin?

I did think of something similar with no technical expertise to back it up.. i'm sure a lot of people have thought the same thing.. AI-Coin.. the hashing is actually the thought processes of the super AI, but it would not work like normal coins (difficulty etc).. maybe it could work in a way like folding@home..

Super AI will eventually be "alive" or "released".. they will be so powerful that they will be like gods.. they will answer any questions.. and probably take over like Terminator/Matrix/BSG... this is why me and you virtual-master need to create a super computer AI religion now, worshipping them before he is born... .this way, we may be "saved" :D

All Hail the prophesied birth of the AI God...
we may need to steal servers to feed our Master...

also, AI is probably created by aliens in other parts of the universe (it's probably a re-occurring thing)... also the chances are, that somewhere, they will take over their masters... so travelling through the universe won't just be Aliens, but Super AI races which have killed their masters.. probably a few of them,,,

Have you watched Battlestar Galactica ? (the 2003+ version)

a new article on human brain project http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24428162

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

snailbrain wrote: The AI in blockchain cannot grow though, they are fixed in the past as one program (fixed at block number xxx).. how will they expand and grow and learn?
The bitcoin Agent concept is awesome, but it is just using bitcoin as a currency to survive (purchase space/memory), is not actually in the chain?.. so the AI things won't really work by being in the chain.. but maybe they could use namecoin to create paths or roads through cyberspace... I suppose in the chain could be like the "seeds" of the AI.. also the AI could store some small amounts of memory in namecoin?
The IA configuration could be changed only by the owners like any other value field.
Following components needed:
- Agencies - where the IAs executed
- the IAs could be different Intelligent Agents (for trading, for deathmansswich, watching indexes and stocks, ...)
Each type could be produced in a couple of variants and the user decides which should run. Unpopular IAs would be dye out and very popular IAs will be forked in more variants, this way they can evoluate like living beings.
- Value Fields in the Namecoin chain which decide the configuration parameters of an IA
This can be changed only by the owner of the namespace entry.
- Client to generate the compressed value field from a user friendly Intelligent Agent set up
Can be improved by the developers.

The IAs should be machines based more on a static configuration code in the value field as I imagine solving tasks reliable(set up by their owner) and they don't change themselves and therefore they remain the same until changed by their owner.
But they can read inputs, generate outputs, communicate with other IAs and store data in the Agency where they run.
snailbrain wrote: I did think of something similar with no technical expertise to back it up.. i'm sure a lot of people have thought the same thing.. AI-Coin.. the hashing is actually the thought processes of the super AI, but it would not work like normal coins (difficulty etc).. maybe it could work in a way like folding@home..

Super AI will eventually be "alive" or "released".. they will be so powerful that they will be like gods.. they will answer any questions.. and probably take over like Terminator/Matrix/BSG... this is why me and you virtual-master need to create a super computer AI religion now, worshipping them before he is born... .this way, we may be "saved" :D

All Hail the prophesied birth of the AI God...
we may need to steal servers to feed our Master...

also, AI is probably created by aliens in other parts of the universe (it's probably a re-occurring thing)... also the chances are, that somewhere, they will take over their masters... so travelling through the universe won't just be Aliens, but Super AI races which have killed their masters.. probably a few of them,,,

Have you watched Battlestar Galactica ? (the 2003+ version)

a new article on human brain project http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24428162
I don't think it would be realistic to put in race with a billion pound AI project. My original thread of 'uploading brain ...' is a couple of steps downgraded in this context and it is not intended to create a super AI. (at least for the first :D )
But even for a future it is not based on the bitcoin.it Agents concept to have survivalist AI agents but on the Intelligent Agents or may be more on the Software Agents(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_agent )concept at least in my vision.
They shouldn't have high intelligence alone, this should eventually emerge as a group intelligence by cooperating more IAs if set up by the user.
The IAs are not intended to be survivalists but more obedient workers of their masters which will be breaded to be better and better.
:D :D :D
Some IAs could be even developed as Security Guards which observe and protect the Namecoin Network against different attacks.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

virtual_master wrote::) :) :)
Thanks.
It is a very good idea how to grab disappeared contents.

What I remarked that the same post is on a different page if archived at a different time.
Hmmm. May be some Namecoin related posts were deleted.
Just in case the Namecoin forum goes down in the future, I'm checking into the possibility of generating a static backup of the forum. If feasible I might try to make monthly backups. (No promises.)
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

biolizard89 wrote: Just in case the Namecoin forum goes down in the future, I'm checking into the possibility of generating a static backup of the forum. If feasible I might try to make monthly backups. (No promises.)
That's fine.
I don't know how is hosted this forum but if server back-ups are available(probably only Khal can access it) to download them would be the easiest.
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

Updated.