Testnet

nkuttler

Re: Testnet

Post by nkuttler »

indolering wrote:What's your namecoin address? It would be great if you could keep the testnet up and running. I've got an NMC box running 24/7, is it a PITA to set up?
My address for the "real" network is NDMMAbbyFZKNNkjg67Ev1AmbPmgw8FsqyB, for testnet mqiGPrMwV62pkPyoWWdpb9eKm5rsWLUpJH. Or did you mean my IP? I run the node from home, so it's dynamic. The box isn't up 24/7 either.

You simply run the namecoind with -testnet, that's all. The testnet blockchain is around 65M right now.

indolering

Post by indolering »

nkuttler wrote:
indolering wrote:What's your namecoin address? It would be great if you could keep the testnet up and running. I've got an NMC box running 24/7, is it a PITA to set up?
My address for the "real" network is NDMMAbbyFZKNNkjg67Ev1AmbPmgw8FsqyB, for testnet mqiGPrMwV62pkPyoWWdpb9eKm5rsWLUpJH. Or did you mean my IP? I run the node from home, so it's dynamic. The box isn't up 24/7 either.

You simply run the namecoind with -testnet, that's all. The testnet blockchain is around 65M right now.
Thanks for poking around on testnet, check your account : )
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

nkuttler

Post by nkuttler »

indolering wrote:
nkuttler wrote:

Thanks! I have yet to see the transaction, but I guess this is to be expected if the test network is small? I've also added another 24/7 node to the testnet.

foglight

Post by foglight »

indolering wrote:
nkuttler wrote:

+1, i like the idea of multi-coin wallets and i'm sure there will be a need for such tools in the future.
Sent you a few nmc to start to play with (should be good for at least a few names and updates)
:)

indolering

Post by indolering »

nkuttler wrote:
indolering wrote:
Thanks! I have yet to see the transaction, but I guess this is to be expected if the test network is small? I've also added another 24/7 node to the testnet.
Nope, your regular address : )

domob

Post by domob »

foglight wrote:
nkuttler wrote:I'm also looking for testnet coins, because I don't want to burn real ones while developing/testing a flask app. I currently see 2 connections, so somebody must be out there :-) I have never mined anything, so any donation to mqiGPrMwV62pkPyoWWdpb9eKm5rsWLUpJH would be appreciated. I also run a small BTC testnet faucet that I could switch to NMC if somebody has many to fill it. Or could I still mine some quickly with a CPU?
tell me more about the flask app! how many nmc would you say you need?

domob, you too! how many do you need at the moment?
Of course welcome any donations (I'm working on the Namecoin part of Moneychanger and libnmcrpc announced in another thread), but to be honest, I won't burn more than a single NMC or so if I test on the real net. I can afford this, so please send me coins only if you really want to support my cause. ;)

My "real" address is in my sig, and on testnet I own mraa5mYiuCVtWpHH3RzcAQcictfAUyhKra for instance. I run a node (both nets plus Bitcoin) on 87.106.47.100, although the server contract will expire in mid-October and I will probably move the node then to 198.50.154.23. It seems that mining is stuck because of too high difficulty on the testnet, though, so we should think about adding a condition like Bitcoin has that resets the difficulty in intervals.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

nkuttler

Post by nkuttler »

domob wrote: Of course welcome any donations (I'm working on the Namecoin part of Moneychanger and libnmcrpc announced in another thread), but to be honest, I won't burn more than a single NMC or so if I test on the real net. I can afford this, so please send me coins only if you really want to support my cause. ;)

My "real" address is in my sig, and on testnet I own mraa5mYiuCVtWpHH3RzcAQcictfAUyhKra for instance. I run a node (both nets plus Bitcoin) on 87.106.47.100, although the server contract will expire in mid-October and I will probably move the node then to 198.50.154.23. It seems that mining is stuck because of too high difficulty on the testnet, though, so we should think about adding a condition like Bitcoin has that resets the difficulty in intervals.
Resetting testnet difficulty (or even the entire testnet) sounds like a great idea. I've been trying for days to get some testnet NMC, to no avail. Thanks for the generous donations! To be honest, I wasn't sure if anybody was even using the network any more.

indolering

Post by indolering »

nkuttler wrote:
domob wrote: Of course welcome any donations (I'm working on the Namecoin part of Moneychanger and libnmcrpc announced in another thread), but to be honest, I won't burn more than a single NMC or so if I test on the real net. I can afford this, so please send me coins only if you really want to support my cause. ;)

Resetting testnet difficulty (or even the entire testnet) sounds like a great idea. I've been trying for days to get some testnet NMC, to no avail. Thanks for the generous donations! To be honest, I wasn't sure if anybody was even using the network any more.
Thanks for trying, we are all working on different things so your feedback is really important!

nkuttler

Post by nkuttler »

Just an update as there was some interest for the wallet app I'm working on, I've released the current version (a little rough but works). Announcement at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=312909.0

There is no support for namecoin-specific features yet. I've been working on getting some patches into upstream bitcoin-python and will probably have to create my own namecoin-python module based on it first. Unfortunately I don't have much time to work on more code atm, hence also the early release.

phelix

Post by phelix »

nkuttler wrote:Just an update as there was some interest for the wallet app I'm working on, I've released the current version (a little rough but works). Announcement at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=312909.0

There is no support for namecoin-specific features yet. I've been working on getting some patches into upstream bitcoin-python and will probably have to create my own namecoin-python module based on it first. Unfortunately I don't have much time to work on more code atm, hence also the early release.
Nice. Consider making a separate thread about it here.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum