Transferring .bit domain problem

ManicMiner

Transferring .bit domain problem

Post by ManicMiner »

Hi folks,

I'm having a problem transferring a registered, parked domain to somebody, they have supplied me with their NMC address from bitdot and it returns error 'incorrect namecoin address' we also tried a namecoind address, with the same outcome

Do i first need to transfer the domain to MY NMC address before sending? if so, why is the transfer domain button there?

please help

thanks in advance

moa

Re: Transferring .bit domain problem

Post by moa »

ManicMiner wrote:Hi folks,

I'm having a problem transferring a registered, parked domain to somebody, they have supplied me with their NMC address from bitdot and it returns error 'incorrect namecoin address' we also tried a namecoind address, with the same outcome

Do i first need to transfer the domain to MY NMC address before sending? if so, why is the transfer domain button there?

please help

thanks in advance
Which program are you using? (It sounds like you are using namecoin-qt but it is not clear ... also you mention a "namecoind address" which doesn't make sense because all namecoin addresses are the same.) You shouldn't have to transfer the domain anywhere before sending it, if the name is associated with a key in your wallet it should work.

If you are using namecoin-qt be aware that it is still very much in testing phase so any of the forms/buttons, etc may have the odd bug. What you could try is the "Help -> Debug window" and in the "Console" tab use the RPC call

Code: Select all

name_update d/yourcoolname <value> NMCADDRESS
here NMCADDRESS is where you are sending it to ... and <value> is just some placeholder or whatever the name recipient wants it to set to when he receives the name.
NB:you can enter "help" in console window to see other RPC calls available.

snailbrain

Re: Transferring .bit domain problem

Post by snailbrain »

ManicMiner wrote:Hi folks,

please help

thanks in advance
if using namecoin-qt..

click manage names tab
right click the name/domain you want to transfer and choose "configure name"
paste in the address you want to send the name to in the "transfer to" field at the bottom..
Press Ok
(put in password if wallet is encrypted)
That's it..

if you think the name is really expensive/important and you are "scared", maybe transfer a "rubbish" name first..