register.dot-bit.org failed. I'd like a refund.

checlae

register.dot-bit.org failed. I'd like a refund.

Post by checlae »

I tried registering my first .bit domains through register.dot-bit.org. I paid with BTC, but it didn't work. I'm not sure why. It didn't say there was an error. The domains just never got registered. I'd like my BTC to be refunded. I emailed the address on that website (register@dot-bit.org) but I haven't gotten a response. What is the appropriate channel for getting my refund?

biolizard89

Re: register.dot-bit.org failed. I'd like a refund.

Post by biolizard89 »

checlae wrote:I tried registering my first .bit domains through register.dot-bit.org. I paid with BTC, but it didn't work. I'm not sure why. It didn't say there was an error. The domains just never got registered. I'd like my BTC to be refunded. I emailed the address on that website (register@dot-bit.org) but I haven't gotten a response. What is the appropriate channel for getting my refund?
I believe khal operates that site; I think he's been temporarily away from his computer... when he's back I'm sure he'll refund you. Sorry I can't help you more.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

sander

Post by sander »

I can't help you with the refund, but you might want to try https://domaincoin.net to register and secure your domains...

checlae

Post by checlae »

biolizard89 wrote:I believe khal operates that site; I think he's been temporarily away from his computer... when he's back I'm sure he'll refund you. Sorry I can't help you more.
It is good to know that it is just a question of him being busy with other things. At first I was surprised at not hearing back. But being new at this I think my expectations were originally too high. I see now that it is more of a hobby/side-project/volunteer thing.
sander wrote:I can't help you with the refund, but you might want to try https://domaincoin.net to register and secure your domains...
Thanks. I did that.