Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
How me do I become a volunteer of network Namecoin? 
Author Message

Posts: 23
os: linux
Reply with quote
Post How me do I become a volunteer of network Namecoin?
I want to constantly support the network of Namecoin so that it works faster.
I have several servers on Linux. To do this, For this, I need to make them nodes and install a console wallet on them?
How to do it? In detail, please.


Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:41 pm
Profile

Posts: 23
os: linux
Reply with quote
Post Re: How me do I become a volunteer of network Namecoin?
I'm shocked ... does your project not need the help of volunteers :shock:

Since you are so indifferent, I go to the Emercoin


Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:38 pm
Profile

Posts: 1908
os: linux
Reply with quote
Post Re: How me do I become a volunteer of network Namecoin?
MPetr wrote:
I'm shocked ... does your project not need the help of volunteers :shock:

Since you are so indifferent, I go to the Emercoin


Not sure what you're talking about, is this an attempt at satire? You appear to have waited about a day before concluding that we're indifferent. Did you mistake Namecoin for a commercial enterprise with a 24/7 guaranteed support hotline...? We're not paid to answer your questions instantly. We make an effort to answer as fast as we can, but we do things besides watching the forum too. (Also note that the apparent entitlement mentality is not going to make people feel like helping you.)

_________________
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5


Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:19 am
Profile

Posts: 51
Location: Moscow, Russia
os: bsd
Reply with quote
Post Re: How me do I become a volunteer of network Namecoin?
Just download namecoind, install and confirure it, than run it.
So your servers will become a part of the network.

_________________
bitname.ru:
- whois service for .bit: whois.bitname.ru or whois.bitname.bit
- dns servers for .bit: dns1.bitname.ru dns2.bitname.ru or dns1.bitname.bit dns2.bitname.bit
github


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:08 am
Profile WWW

Posts: 23
os: linux
Reply with quote
Post Re: How me do I become a volunteer of network Namecoin?
Quote:
Not sure what you're talking about, is this an attempt at satire?

I was not kidding. I am very upset by the long wait from technical support answers :(


Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:15 pm
Profile

Posts: 23
os: linux
Reply with quote
Post Re: How me do I become a volunteer of network Namecoin?
virus_net wrote:
Just download namecoind, install and confirure it, than run it.
So your servers will become a part of the network.

Do I need for this to open additional ports on servers ?


Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 pm
Profile

Posts: 89
Reply with quote
Post Re: How me do I become a volunteer of network Namecoin?
MPetr wrote:
virus_net wrote:
Just download namecoind, install and confirure it, than run it.
So your servers will become a part of the network.

Do I need for this to open additional ports on servers ?



Default port is 8334.

To volunteer just join the network, help test namecoin core or NCDNS and post bugs on github, offer your help here on the forum etc.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:18 am
Profile

Posts: 23
os: linux
Reply with quote
Post Re: How me do I become a volunteer of network Namecoin?
Quote:
Default port is 8334.
I'm afraid that opening a port is dangerous for the server. Now it can be hacked by hackers?

Quote:
To volunteer just join the network, help test namecoin core or NCDNS and post bugs on github, offer your help here on the forum etc.
I'm not so literate as to do this ;)


Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:49 am
Profile

Posts: 10
os: windows
Reply with quote
Post Re: How me do I become a volunteer of network Namecoin?
Quote:


MPetr wrote:
Quote:
Default port is 8334.
I'm afraid that opening a port is dangerous for the server. Now it can be hacked by hackers?




Less dangerous than running a webserver on linux. just don't store coins there.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:05 pm
Profile

Posts: 23
os: linux
Reply with quote
Post Re: How me do I become a volunteer of network Namecoin?
And if I do not open the port, will it work?

My namecoin-qt normal works without an open port.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:18 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.