I noticed something interesting just now upon testing in a Windows 7 VM. It looks like Namecoin 0.3.80 installs itself to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Namecoin" (because it's 32-bit), while Namecoin Core 64-bit installs itself to "C:\Program Files\Namecoin". This means that you might have some residual stuff left over from the 0.3.80 installation that makes 0.3.80 start on boot or something like that.Pif01010 wrote:Well so far I tried overwriting it on one of my computers.
It worked at first but now it's getting buggy and now it's back in qt mode for some reason.
So, what I'd suggest in order to make sure that the old 0.3.80 release goes away is:
1. Make sure that Namecoin 0.3.80 is not running, and that Namecoin Core is not running.
2. Open up My Computer, and navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Namecoin". (The "(x86)" is important!)
3. This directory should contain a bunch of files, including namecoind.exe, namecoin-qt.exe, and unins000.exe.
4. Double-click on unins000.exe; it will remove Namecoin 0.3.80 32-bit.
5. Namecoin Core should still be available from your Start Menu; if it's not, re-run the Namecoin Core 64-bit installer to re-install Namecoin Core.
6. Run Namecoin Core from your Start Menu.
It's not clear to me what exactly you're saying is slow. Is Namecoin Core taking a long time to sync the blockchain? (If so, there will be a progress bar at the bottom of the Namecoin Core window that says "Synchronizing with network" along with how much is left to sync.) Are transactions that you send taking a long time to confirm?Pif01010 wrote:I had qt namecoin wallet on another computer that I tried sending back to the other qt I attempted up on grade on the one qt and it worked at first I worried I would lose everything but it was held intact. but it glitched out and went back to qt for some reason ..(hence the delog).
I had another qt wallet, I was a bit nervous to attempt another upgrade but I did but it turned into two wallets. sending domains was instant but NMC seemed slow or unable under curtain circumstances to but it crashed on the namecoin core side of things, qt is workings just renewal and money transfer poses challenges/ getting a namecoin core wallet.
At the bottom right of the Namecoin Core window, there will be three icons. Hover your mouse over the middle one (between the "NMC" icon and the checkmark icon); it will say something like "8 active connection(s) to Namecoin network". What number does it say? If it's less than 4 or so, then that might indicate an issue that we can help you fix.