A CPU Miner that works with Vista and the bitparking pool

bitcoinafrica

A CPU Miner that works with Vista and the bitparking pool

Post by bitcoinafrica »

Hi Namecoin Community,

I'd like to mine some namecoins with a CPU in the bitparking pool. Unfortunately, I'm using Windows Vista.

The Ufasoft miner works just fine on my Vista machine, and I've used it to mine bitcoins without problems. But the bitparking pool does not support that miner for whatever reason.

I've tried using jgarzik's minerd, but it crashes instantly. I've also tried polclbm, which I'm not even sure supports CPU mining, and it gives me a bunch of errors.

Does anyone know any other CPU miners for windows (and that bitparking supports) that I might try?

Thanks for any help. I'm obviously pretty new at this.

doublec

Re: A CPU Miner that works with Vista and the bitparking poo

Post by doublec »

bitcoinafrica wrote: The Ufasoft miner works just fine on my Vista machine, and I've used it to mine bitcoins without problems. But the bitparking pool does not support that miner for whatever reason.
I plan to get Ufasoft's miner working, it just does things slightly differently to every other miner and requires a bit more programming and testing. Hopefully in a couple of days.

bitcoinafrica

Re: A CPU Miner that works with Vista and the bitparking poo

Post by bitcoinafrica »

Oh awesome. I guess that will take care of my problem :).

I was assuming that support wasn't planned, since it was in the old pool but not in the new one.

Thanks a lot!