[MM-Testnet ;; SMPSS] - BitChomp Merged Mining Pool -Testnet

XertroV

[MM-Testnet ;; SMPSS] - BitChomp Merged Mining Pool -Testnet

Post by XertroV »

I've set up a MM pool on the testnet over at http://alpha.bitchomp.info.

Payouts are enabled and are using an automatic system that executes transactions once an hour.

The payout method is now SMPPS or Shared Maximum Pay Per Share. If you're unfamiliar with it, there's a good explanation over on the eligius wiki.
I don't really like the proportional system due to the well known issue of pool hopping, so SMPPS seems the best way to go.

The backend is PoolServerJ currently, which is far superior to my custom hacked up server from before.

BitChomp proper will be released in the next day or two and will mine NMC until MM and then switch over automatically.

- XertroV

Update: Dynamic worker genreation and BTC.NMC combinations as logins are now working.
Last edited by XertroV on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nodemaster

Re: [MM-Testnet ;; SMPSS] - BitChomp Merged Mining Pool -Tes

Post by nodemaster »

Whoa! really nice stats! Good to have another merged mining pool. Tried to mount two GPUs, but it seems neither automatic creation nor manual creation of worker is working?! Am I doing anything wrong?
Access .bit domains with Firefox in 4 easy steps: https://masterpool.eu/proxy
MasterPool Namecoin Mining Pool

XertroV

Post by XertroV »

Thanks, :D

Automatic creation is in the works; I've just got to debug some java (I've only delbt with it a few times before, and never with a big project, so that's all fun), and once that's done automatic creation will be up and running (as well as BTC/NMC address based login).

I just checked manual creation and it's working for me.
Is the manual creation creating a worker at all?
I'm thinking of removing the password field for manual creation, since it's ambiguous. But it's the password to your user account, not the worker account (which is passwordless), just incase that's ambiguous.
Worker's should show up in your personal stats page straight away, so you can see if worker creation worked by checking there.

Edit: just checked the worker db, seems it didn't work creating a worker. Was it the password thing? (which should be fixed now) or did it full on fail?
I've made it less ambiguous now, so hopefully that should help if that was the problem.

nodemaster

Post by nodemaster »

Hi, I'm still unable to create a worker :| I'm using Chromium on Ubuntu. If I klick OK Button the "circling circle" left of Update button turn into a red X
Attachments
error_bitchomp.png
error_bitchomp.png (51.83 KiB) Viewed 7325 times
Access .bit domains with Firefox in 4 easy steps: https://masterpool.eu/proxy
MasterPool Namecoin Mining Pool

XertroV

Post by XertroV »

That's quite bizzare. Since you're getting an alert with the failure, I suspect the javascript is outdated. Ctrl+F5 should clear that up.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: Your workers were created. It will give say it didn't work if there's already a worker with that username. You can see them all in the 'Check my stats' tab.