[ALPHA.masterpool.eu] Merged Mining Test Server - TESTNET!

nodemaster

Re: [ALPHA.masterpool.eu] Merged Mining Test Server - TESTNE

Post by nodemaster »

nodemaster wrote: But I agree there should be information about your eastimated earnings from unconfirmed blocks. I'll implement this ASAP. NMC are not generated as the POW is not accepted by namecoind ATM
This is now implemented on alpha stage pool. You see your pending rewards if you use the link "manage BTC" in the dashboard.
nodemaster wrote: At the moment there are no NMC generated as the proof of work (POW) is rejected from namecoind due to the fact that the block number is below 24k. The only thing I can do is manually check if a POW was send.
Pool now runs a patched RC3 on NMC Testnet which now allows inclusion of POW. I set up a couple of namecoinds and splitted the blockchain. (see here: http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1562#p1562). Thus we are now generating blocks and POW are included, but this blockchain exists parallel to the original testnet NMC blockchain. Thus as soon as the pool has one NMC block confirmed we can even test payout if you use the patched client:

https://github.com/nodemaster/namecoin
Access .bit domains with Firefox in 4 easy steps: https://masterpool.eu/proxy
MasterPool Namecoin Mining Pool

thirdlight

Post by thirdlight »

Going well!

The "Show transaction in Block Explorer" link on "Manage bitcoins" links to Namecoin block explorer - should it be bitcoin explorer (or testnet bitcoin explorer)?

So far got 17 NMC & 16 BTC - are the 2 difficulties about the same?

nodemaster

Post by nodemaster »

thirdlight wrote: The "Show transaction in Block Explorer" link on "Manage bitcoins" links to Namecoin block explorer - should it be bitcoin explorer (or testnet bitcoin explorer)?
Yes, I need to implement switches for blockchains and for (non-)testnet. I have this on the roadmap. Nevertheless even if you try to search the TX-ID on testnet.explorer.dot-bit.org manually you won't get any usefull information ATM as the blockexplorer runs on the original alternate blockchain without merged mining...
thirdlight wrote:So far got 17 NMC & 16 BTC - are the 2 difficulties about the same?
Not for the blockchains. But technically speaking for the pool the answer is "yes". This is due to the fact, that we use BTC as parent blockchain. and the getworks come from BTC blockchain (with its difficulty at above 512 or something like that) Each possible solution is not only compared to BTC but also to NMC blockchain. But we only compare solutions, that might be solutions for the BTC blockchain. Thus until we draw level with both blockchains difficulties, we are pretended "loosing" on the AUX chain (as we could have generated shares with lower difficulty). In reality however you can not speak from "loosing" as we were mining BTC all the time and get all those NMC blocks "for free".

nodemaster

Post by nodemaster »

nodemaster wrote: Yes, I need to implement switches for blockchains and for (non-)testnet. I have this on the roadmap. Nevertheless even if you try to search the TX-ID on testnet.explorer.dot-bit.org manually you won't get any usefull information ATM as the blockexplorer runs on the original alternate blockchain without merged mining...
This is now implemented (but as said before you won't be able to find our NMC testnet blocks in NMC testnet blockexplorer). However BTC testnet explorer links are fine.

nodemaster

Post by nodemaster »

The pool has verified its first block. I resetted the balance of all users and thus dispossessed everybody :mrgreen: From now on you should be able to withdraw namecoins. But remember, you have to use a modified client in order to receive those merged mining namecoins! (see above).

Please try to withdraw namecoins and transfer them for testing. If you don't have any use for them after testing it would be nice if you transfer them back to the pool. This will make it possible to have other users test transactions as well:

NMC: moVDDfgu7AXaTS35BWTkgy1Pkcu9WxTaQw

If you need a few merged mining namecoins just let me know your NMC address. I'll send you a few for testing.

s3harvey

Post by s3harvey »

I found that GUI miner worked great on the test server.

s3harvey

Post by s3harvey »

Just wondering, what difference does it make when selecting what block to start merged mining on?

doublec

Post by doublec »

s3harvey wrote:Just wondering, what difference does it make when selecting what block to start merged mining on?
it splits the block chain on that block number. So anyone with old clients, and mining with old clients, will be on the old chain from that number. Any new coins they generate will not be valid on the new network. People on the new network will not be able to send coins to people on the old network and vice versa.

s3harvey

Post by s3harvey »

If you upgrade your old client, will the BTC or NMC on pre-block chain split be valid to transfer, or are all the previously generated coins simply lost to the new set of multi-chain miners?

doublec

Post by doublec »

s3harvey wrote:If you upgrade your old client, will the BTC or NMC on pre-block chain split be valid to transfer, or are all the previously generated coins simply lost to the new set of multi-chain miners?
All NMC on the pre-block chain will still be valid. That's why the block number is coded in the client. To ensure it uses the old rules for blocks older than that and new rules for blocks newer.