BTCC added merged-mining hashpower. Names expiring fast.

cassini

BTCC added merged-mining hashpower. Names expiring fast.

Post by cassini »

A few days ago BTCC pool started experimenting with merged mining. After successfully mining a couple of blocks they have ramped up the NMC mining share to the current 25 percent. This is additional hashpower, i.e. we are getting over 200 blocks a day instead of the standard rate of 144 blocks per day.

In other words, names are expiring pretty fast at the moment. However, the next Difficulty change will be huge and should bring us back to an average of 144 blocks a day.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/ha ... mc.html#3m

biolizard89

Re: BTCC added merged-mining hashpower. Names expiring fast.

Post by biolizard89 »

cassini wrote:A few days ago BTCC pool started experimenting with merged mining. After successfully mining a couple of blocks they have ramped up the NMC mining share to the current 25 percent. This is additional hashpower, i.e. we are getting over 200 blocks a day instead of the standard rate of 144 blocks per day.

In other words, names are expiring pretty fast at the moment. However, the next Difficulty change will be huge and should bring us back to an average of 144 blocks a day.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/ha ... mc.html#3m
This is very good news! Thanks BTCC for joining the merged mining club!

And yes, if anyone has names expiring in the next couple weeks, be advised that they're going to expire sooner than expected. Renew any such names ASAP.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

cassini

Post by cassini »

As expected the Difficulty change had brought us back to the 144 blocks per day average. Just a few days later the Namecoin hashpower experienced another boost, and we are getting around 180 blocks a day. Name owners, keep an eye on the expiration dates of your names!

This time it is a fairly new Bitcoin mining pool who added merged-mining: ViaBTC

This has quite a favourable impact on the Namecoin hashrate distribution. The last 500 blocks:
43% F2Pool
29% BTCC
13% ViaBTC
12% Slush
3% smaller pools, mostly Eligius, ghash.io, bitminter

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

cassini wrote:As expected the Difficulty change had brought us back to the 144 blocks per day average. Just a few days later the Namecoin hashpower experienced another boost, and we are getting around 180 blocks a day. Name owners, keep an eye on the expiration dates of your names!

This time it is a fairly new Bitcoin mining pool who added merged-mining: ViaBTC

This has quite a favourable impact on the Namecoin hashrate distribution. The last 500 blocks:
43% F2Pool
29% BTCC
13% ViaBTC
12% Slush
Yay!

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

armur

Post by armur »

Seems they officially started now paying out namecoins: https://www.btcc.com/news/article/btcc- ... for-miners

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

armur wrote:Seems they officially started now paying out namecoins: https://www.btcc.com/news/article/btcc- ... for-miners
Nice! Good to see that they've announced it, and also good to see that they link to our website.

viabtc

Post by viabtc »

cassini wrote:As expected the Difficulty change had brought us back to the 144 blocks per day average. Just a few days later the Namecoin hashpower experienced another boost, and we are getting around 180 blocks a day. Name owners, keep an eye on the expiration dates of your names!

43% F2Pool
29% BTCC
13% ViaBTC
12% Slush

How did you recognize that those blocks are mined by ViaBTC?

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

viabtc wrote:

43% F2Pool
29% BTCC
13% ViaBTC
12% Slush

I'm pretty sure Cassini looked at the AuxPoW headers, and cross-referenced again the known indicators of ViaBTC Bitcoin coinbase transactions.

(I assume that you're affiliated with the ViaBTC pool? If so, welcome to the merged mining club, good to see you here! :) )

viabtc

Post by viabtc »

biolizard89 wrote:
viabtc wrote:

43% F2Pool
29% BTCC
13% ViaBTC
12% Slush

I'm pretty sure Cassini looked at the AuxPoW headers, and cross-referenced again the known indicators of ViaBTC Bitcoin coinbase transactions.

(I assume that you're affiliated with the ViaBTC pool? If so, welcome to the merged mining club, good to see you here! :) )
Yes, I'm CEO of ViaBTC pool. We are in China.
I find it out myself after I reply this post. The bitcoin coinbase tx are include in the namecoin block.