Scratchpad / WIP Thread: Namecoin's Hashrate / Diversity

biolizard89

Re: Scratchpad / WIP Thread: Namecoin's Hashrate / Diversity

Post by biolizard89 »

At the IRC meeting today we decided to put on hold the effort to get new miners, until the upcoming BIP 9 induced hardfork is figured out.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

cassini

Post by cassini »

An update to the mining pools list: EclipseMC are about to cease operation completely, see
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... sg14340574
I had been wondering if they had some issues with merged-mining as I haven't seen any NMC blocks from EMC for a few weeks. This still could have been bad mining "luck". However, they obviously stopped merged-mining two or three weeks ago already, and now they are going to shut down BTC mining altogether.

cassini

Post by cassini »

BTCC pool have climbed on the merged-mining bandwagon and currently mine some 25 % of all the blocks (consistently version 4 blocks).
I'm going to open a new thread on this subject as it may cause a few issues in the near future that have nothing to do with the diversity discussion in here.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

cassini wrote:BTCC pool have climbed on the merged-mining bandwagon and currently mine some 25 % of all the blocks (consistently version 4 blocks).
I'm going to open a new thread on this subject as it may cause a few issues in the near future that have nothing to do with the diversity discussion in here.
Awesome!
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5