Solo Mining

naypalm

Solo Mining

Post by naypalm »

Hello everyone, I have been bitcoin mining for a little while now and recently decided to give namecoin a try. I currently have namecoind running just fine and I have it set up for solo mining. When I connect locally to start the mining for each of my GPU's, it shows my correct Mhps, but I do not see any data like I see when connected to pools. For example:

Code: Select all

02/07/2011 00:00:00, 123abcde accepted
Is there something else that I am supposed to start in order to send work to my GPU's? Or is this normal and it will take a day or so before stumbling upon the 50NMC block.

doublec

Re: Solo Mining

Post by doublec »

naypalm wrote: Is there something else that I am supposed to start in order to send work to my GPU's? Or is this normal and it will take a day or so before stumbling upon the 50NMC block.
What's your hash rate? It will take a day or two most likely before you see anything unless you have a decent rate.

naypalm

Post by naypalm »

Thank you doublec for your quick response! I'm currently running at ~700Mhps total with my two cards. I'll go ahead and let my machine sit for a few days and we'll see what happens :)

khal
Site Admin

Post by khal »

Pools have difficulty set to 1, so you see often "accepted". When solo mining, you only see that when you found a block (you can view it in "listtransactions")
NamecoinID: id/khal
GPG : 9CC5B92E965D69A9
NMC: N1KHAL5C1CRzy58NdJwp1tbLze3XrkFxx9
BTC: 1KHAL8bUjnkMRMg9yd2dNrYnJgZGH8Nj6T

Register Namecoin domains with BTC
My bitcoin Identity - Send messages to bitcoin users
Charity Ad - Make a good deed without paying a cent

erek

Post by erek »

naypalm wrote:Thank you doublec for your quick response! I'm currently running at ~700Mhps total with my two cards. I'll go ahead and let my machine sit for a few days and we'll see what happens :)
how's it coming along sofar?